Link: Unbelievable WSJ article...

tftplisa

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
I emailed her and said thanks for giving them hope. She responded that Bama fans have been very gracious and suspected it was due to lack of perceived threat.

I like her when she's on Finebaum. Very smart (even though she's never had her hand in the dirt).

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

Rachel Bachman

The Wall Street Journal

Rachel Bachman writes about college sports from The Wall Street Journal’s New York office. Her coverage areas include college football, men’s basketball and issues in college sports.

Previously, Ms. Bachman worked for The Oregonian in Portland, Ore., covering issues and trends in college, Olympic and professional sports. She grew up in Minneapolis and graduated from the University of Michigan.
So there you have it: B1G/P12 wonk. Probably still sore about '26, '31, '35, and '46. Now that Oregon pooped the bed, she's probably hoping OSU somehow finds a way in, despite her being a Wolverine.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is the same gal who wanted to interview me before the Notre Dame game about Bama history and then never returned my calls or emails.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Pretty much the same thing that someone posted the other night about what was said on the Auburn board; something to the effect of, "Saban takes all of the mystery out of the game because Bama is so dominant."

It is what it is. And we're gonna lose eventually. May be 3 years from now. May be next season. But it's really just someone else with SEC (and specifically) Bama fatigue.

At one point, everyone else around was trying to catch up with the SEC. And some of the top teams in the country have done that effectively. I have no doubt that Florida St., Ohio St., Stanford, Oregon, or Baylor could hang with and quite possibly throttle Vandy, Florida, Miss. St., Ole Miss, and probably Auburn, South Carolina, and Georgia.

The problem is: while they were busy catching up to the SEC, Bama was busy separating itself from even SEC competition. And Bama's so far ahead of everyone else that others just wanna see us fall. From a college football's fan perspective I can understand (as I rooted vehemently for USC to fail), but being a Bama fan, I couldn't quite possibly care any less about what other people think about us. To smithereens with them all.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
"The Tide are simply so good, so methodical, that they seem to remove the element of chance."

Rachel, you may be looking at Saban's best Bama team since he has been our coach. You aren't going to get your wish in 2013.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
So there you have it: B1G/P12 wonk. Probably still sore about '26, '31, '35, and '46. Now that Oregon pooped the bed, she's probably hoping OSU somehow finds a way in, despite her being a Wolverine.
I had originally wondered if she were a closet Auburn grad, but her grammar and sentence construction skills denied that possibility.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
This article is proof that everybody besides Bama fans are jealous and sick of our success. We all know Bama will lose again at some point. I just hope it's not this year. If we make it through this season unscathed with another national championship, she may get her wish in 2014. But I'm not worried about 2014 right now. My main concern right now is Mississippi State.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.