Just how fast is O.J. Howard

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
He caught the ball around the 41 yard line, outside the right hash, and then proceeded to run across the field, down the sideline, and across the left-hand edge of the goal line in under six seconds. 6 SECONDS!!!

That's pretty darn fast - and that's football speed, not track speed.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He may not be the fastest off the line, but he's covering 5 yards every 3 steps -- 5 feet per step ...... not only is he quick, but he's covering a ton of ground each step....

If you look at the video -- 3 steps to get from the 25 to the 20 -- the LSU CB? 6 steps.....that makes a difference.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I thought, when he was signed, that he was gonna be a receiving machine with huge numbers, if he could improve his blocking; otherwise he wouldn't see the field much. Looks like the improvements are going to get him more time on the field, and THAT is not something Bama's opponents want to see.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Now you know why all of us on the recruiting board were foaming at the mouth over this kid. The rumors of him possibly being the scariest TE prospect we ever signed are dead on (and that is saying something)

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I'll be glad when they (coaches) get him more involved in the offense, or I should say in receiving. I think the announcers said he had 11 receptions coming into this game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.