Question re: Auburn Game & Experience w/Their Fans on Their Campus?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I have tickets to the Auburn game this year.

I've never been to a game there, and would like to go. But I'm a little concerned about vandalism. We have two cars, both with Alabama state-issued UA license plates. One is red, the other is blue.

Neither car would be tricked out in Bama gear other than the license plate, and I'm not given to smack talk either before or after a game.

What's the experience of the board with trips to the Barn? Is it just jawing, or will I be exposed to a good chance of keyed paint, smashed windows, broken mirrors, etc.?

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
this is probably a reply from the wrong source, but together they are cultish. I have been several times and they are a arrogant bunch when grouped together. I had my car trashed in 1989(I think, 1st game in auburn) keyed, tag pulled off, antenna broken off.... Best thing is to beat them senseless. No better place for singing Rammer Jammer and Knoxville is good for that and little else.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I have tickets to the Auburn game this year.

I've never been to a game there, and would like to go. But I'm a little concerned about vandalism. We have two cars, both with Alabama state-issued UA license plates. One is red, the other is blue.

Neither car would be tricked out in Bama gear other than the license plate, and I'm not given to smack talk either before or after a game.

What's the experience of the board with trips to the Barn? Is it just jawing, or will I be exposed to a good chance of keyed paint, smashed windows, broken mirrors, etc.?
Take a rental.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
no worse than most other rival stadiums. u could take a bus like someone mentioned above. But the mall bus would be much closer to the stadium than Tiger Town. and of course its a slow process as far as getting there. u shouldnt have any issues taking your car though.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have been to the Lee county livestock barn 5 times, never had a problem. Actually the only problem ever at an Iron bowl was in Birmingham, My car antennae was torn off and my Bama flags broken

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
Unlike LSU, going to a game in Auburn is not like vacationing in a 3rd world country. The barners there are the same uncles, friends, coworkers, etc that you have to deal with 365 in this state. I've been 3 times, and despite having never seen a Bama win, had a good time. You'll be heckled by a few drunks on your walk to the stadium (as happens to visitors in EVERY SEC campus), but its all in good fun.

This year should be great. Go have a good time!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I've actually been to many games in Jordan-Hare (10?), and have never had a problem I haven't seen visitors at Bryant Denny have (normal drunk fan stuff). As a matter of fact, the most obnoxious people I've dealt with were UGA fans...

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
Try searching the web for their parking decks. Two years ago I was able to reserve a spot just 2 weeks before the game. Backed into a space and no one could see my UA tag. Short walk to a shuttle stop. Unless they have increased number of busses transporting from mall in Opelika, I wouldn't choose that way of getting to stadium. I stood in line for almost 2 hours after game to get back on bus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.