Muschamp makes Top 10 Coaches (On Hotseat)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A coach worth a dang could compete with anybody in the country with all the resources available at Florida, no matter who else he is going up against.
It is not the record so much as the way they play. They appear to get lucky when they win squeakers they should win big. They are inept when they lose. You know, Texas-like. Ironic that Texas and Florida play the same game? I would let him go.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I bet Texas is glad Muschamp left when he did. Can you imagine the uproar if they forced out Brown and then Muschamp had a season like this down there?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
At least 22 Florida players have missed snaps this fall thanks to injury, including a staggering 15 offensive and defensive starters.

I agree it's an easy excuse to say injuries are responsible for performance issues.

I'm only asking to what extent the head coach gets the blame for losses when you have this number of injuries and at such key positions?

I don't know the answer to that question. And because in 2012 we came one game short of an undefeated season with a brutal schedule plus Coach Boom in only his second year plus a brand new OC - for now I'm going to withhold judgement.

If we get our players back next year I will expect us to be contenders again and if that doesn't happen I will be more inclined to join those who are in favor of a change in coaching.

I do appreciate your points of view and there's a lot of validity there. We need a good OC and QB - absolutely - do we have the rights one(s) now? I dunno...perhaps not. And maybe Coach Boom is not the answer - I dunno. Going to wait before giving my opinion.

But for now I see it as a work in progress. Sorry I'm not joining the oust-wagon just yet. :)

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
If Florida gets blown out by FSU and at USCe, i.e. they have quit on the coach, I think he is gone. The defense is showing signs of playing a few snaps until the offense coughs up the ball and then just mailing it in. Florida has too many natural advantages to not be a recruiting hotbed. Structural offensive problems are everywhere - why was his QB group only two deep and neither any good? Being ranked 4th in the state of Florida is not an acceptable performance for a program that considers itself elite.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Question - Didn't Alabama go after Pease? Bet that you are glad that it didn't work out. :biggrin:
Well, Nuss was a brilliant hire, but CNS has a pattern of making 'brilliant hires' and I suspect Pease would have been another one had he come to Bama. Pease's offense at UF looks NOTHING like it did at BSU, which is one of the reasons I'm convinced CWM is severely affecting the offense.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Well, Nuss was a brilliant hire, but CNS has a pattern of making 'brilliant hires' and I suspect Pease would have been another one had he come to Bama. Pease's offense at UF looks NOTHING like it did at BSU, which is one of the reasons I'm convinced CWM is severely affecting the offense.
I think you've hit the nail on the head CA. For those who remember the Stallings era this situation is like Bama in 94-95 when we got Homer Smith back as OC and Stalling handcuffed him. I still think we would have been 13-0 in 94 and 10-1 in 95 if Homer would have had full control of the offense.

Fla would have won some earlier games this year if Pease was allowed to do his thing IMHO.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I tend to agree with Bazza, this UF team, much like UGA, has been riddled with injuries which, IMO has been a major factor in some of their losses, not all however. Hiring Charlie Weiss was a huge mistake on somebody's part, Pease brought some good credentials with him and I still think he may workout provided he is given the time, but that is to be seen. I still contend that Muschamp should be given another year, maybe pickup a few Juco skill position players, get the injured players back and see if next year is better. This will be a hard call on Foley's part either now or next year.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Playing musical chairs with coordinators is maybe the worst thing Florida could do here.
I have a hard time believing Brent Pease is the problem.

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012
like i said in a thread a couple of weeks ago boom will be defensive coordinator at ga next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You are correct, and there are at least two possible reasons. One you stated - Muschamp is interfering where he has no business. This is not his area of expertise, and he needs to trust his OC hire. Another possibility is that Pease tweaked it because he knew that some of the lateral plays that he ran at BSU would simply not work in the SEC. Also, he had very talented passing QBs at BSU and that has not been the case at FL.

I am not sure what to think. I want to give the OC and HC the benefit of the doubt, but this is two straight seasons with a horrible offense, and it only seems to get worse. With FL recruits, this has got to be pretty hard for their fans to watch.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I want to give the OC and HC the benefit of the doubt, but this is THREE straight seasons with a horrible offense, and it only seems to get worse. With FL recruits, this has got to be pretty hard for their fans to watch.
FIFY.

2011: 105th
2012: 103rd
2013: 111th

Muschamp has yet to field an offense with a pulse - in THREE YEARS...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.