Muschamp makes Top 10 Coaches (On Hotseat)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The gator fans that I know are not happy at all and are demanding change. He will have to make some changes to his staff, but I agree that his 11 win season in 2012 has probably bought him another yr to get it right.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
[Not looking good for Will, but think he survives for another year.
I tend to agree, but for weeks I've been saying I don't think he's completely safe, as some suggest. If they lose the last three - two of which are as close to guaranteed losses as you can expect (USC and FSU), the third being GaSouthern (which scored more points on our 2011 D than any other team that season via their wicked triple-option execution, although this year's Eagles don't appear to be as strong as they were in 2011) - if they lose all three, I don't think he survives. If FSU blows them out as badly as I suspect they will, he may not survive, regardless...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think Muschamp will do a great job for them, but, they have to be patient. He's got to find a great QB among all that talent in Florida.
And he has to learn to be a HC. There's about a 0% chance that both Weiss and Pease became ridiculously bad play-callers when they stepped foot into Gainesville...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Saban is on that list too.......... at 120....:cool:
Yeah, but #120 was the last one. So really, he's #1 on the safe coaches list! :wink:

FWIW, I don't want CWM to get fired, but I must admit I've never liked him since his days at Auburn!!!

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
You have to be a sorry coach to have an offense perform that poorly with all the talent in the state of Florida.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
He really inherited a mess. Urban got out because CNS was getting top Fl players. And he'd have to compete with FSU eventually once Coach Bowden left. Not only will Champ have to compete with FSU and Bama, he'll now have to contend with UGA and a Miami program now off skidrow.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
A coach worth a dang could compete with anybody in the country with all the resources available at Florida, no matter who else he is going up against.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
On that note, how long does anyone think Art Briles will be at Baylor?
That's an interesting question, actually. From what I understand, he sort of relishes the jobs nobody wants, with the opportunity to build them into something from nothing. He'll get a shot somewhere big pretty soon I think, but I'm not sure he'll bite.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
On that note, how long does anyone think Art Briles will be at Baylor?
Isn't he 60+? I could see Briles leaving because he'staken Baylor almost as far as they can go, but he may try to do more and become the best HC in their history. Assuming he wins the conference, he's almost guaranteed a job there for life.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Finebaum had Pat Dooley on his show Monday. Dooley says he understands Muschamp hires his coaches based on their recruiting ability rather than their ability to coach. He may want to change his hiring style.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Isn't he 60+? I could see Briles leaving because he'staken Baylor almost as far as they can go, but he may try to do more and become the best HC in their history. Assuming he wins the conference, he's almost guaranteed a job there for life.
Briles is 57 - plenty of time left to move, if he wants. IIRC, CNS was 55 or 56 when he came to Bama.

His salary is $2.3M - I'm guessing utx would have zero problems outbidding Baylol if money is part of the equation (and it often is).

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Muschamp hasn't got any excuses for being this bad. Meyer didn't leave the cupboard that bare and the Florida fans will remember playing Alabama in the SECCG in CNS's second season. I think he's a goner if they lose to FSU and USC even if the games are close.

Florida gets compared to Alabama. Even with all the injuries, Florida should have a winning season. Gators have lost four in a row. Losing six out of the last seven is going to be embarrassing.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Briles is 57 - plenty of time left to move, if he wants. IIRC, CNS was 55 or 56 when he came to Bama.

His salary is $2.3M - I'm guessing utx would have zero problems outbidding Baylol if money is part of the equation (and it often is).
UTe couldn't swallow their pride last year to include James Franklin as a coaching candidate. I wonder if UTw could swallow their pride to go after Briles? And who knows, Texas could still win the Big whatever.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I wonder if UTw could swallow their pride to go after Briles? And who knows, Texas could still win the Big whatever.
Yah, I'm not convinced that whiny little girl mack brown is gone, yet. If they want to move, his buyout is 'only' $2.75M, easy enough to deal with for a major program.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If they canned Muschamp, WHO would they hire? I think it would be a very short list of candidates who could turn it around.

1. Louisville's coach, Strong. He's been there and knows the Florida area for recruiting. I just don't know who else they could go after.

2. ?

3. ?

4. Les Miles ?!?!?.

I don't think they'd hire a OC or DC from somewhere unless they were to look at Bama's Coach Smart. A possible good hire could be Bama's OL coach who knows Florida.

I don't think Briles would leave for Florida. He is very familiar with Texas recruiting, having been a Texas High School coach. He has a very good relationship with Texas High School coaches. Briles could end up at Texas if Brown leaves/is canned or he could end up at aTm if aTm's coach ended up at USCw.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.