Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: Wow. Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault

You know, there has to be something similar to Godwin's Law for Auburn fans. Given enough time, any discussion they have about any topic always turns to Alabama. I doubt there has ever been a thread on ITAT that made it more than two pages before Alabama was brought up.
If anything that happens in this world is bad, the Barners will say that my Big Brother did it. That's called little brother syndrome.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

I hope for his sake that its not true as well. Personally and selfishly I hope it's also not true because I really want Bama to play FSU without any distractions. I want our best against their best.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

If anything happened to the accuser, I truly hope that she gets the help she needs to get through an extremely tough situation and sees justice done to the man who shattered her life, but these accusations don't mean that Winston is the perp. There's a reason why our legal system considers you innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, not everyone in the media gives these issues the consideration they deserve. The most surprising part about all of this is that Nancy Grace hasn't called for the young man to drawn and quartered. *shakes head*

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

In many cases, the accusation is almost as powerful as the verdict. I really don't know how to square the horror of a woman on the receiving end of such an attack with the terrible consequences of a man falsely accused. Here, the alleged assailant appears to bear no resemblance to Winston. I'd like to believe "the police are on it and it will all work out" but the fact is they usually have very little physical evidence to go on beyond the credibility of the parties.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

If this act was for sexual gratification then there would be DNA available for identification.
So why not give up what is necessary to clear ones self?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

With every fiber of my being, I hope that this isn't true with regards to Jaboo. From everything I've seen from this kid, being around him at camps, hearing about him from others, he's a GOOD kid that comes from a GOOD home. The fact that he didn't come to Bama stings a bit, but this young man really is a special athlete and person. I wish him well is all he does unless they play us. For his sake, I hope this isn't true. I'd hate to see such a promising career derailed before it gets started
^This.^ I would be shocked if this is true. Seems totally out of character for him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

If this act was for sexual gratification then there would be DNA available for identification.
So why not give up what is necessary to clear ones self?
In fact, in a huge percentage of rape cases, the perpertrator is not successful in achieving ejaculation (for a number of reasons, if you think about it). In those cases, there will be no detectable DNA. Second, rape is not an act seeking sexual gratification. It is an act of violence and dominance. It is one person forcing his (in almost all cases) will onto another person, male or female. There's only a slender thread holding this thread on the FB forum. It really belongs on NS...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wow! Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault

Not sure why the Tallahassee Police Department would want to help AJ win the Heisman, but whatever.

Sexual assault can range from brutal rape to a guy getting too grabby paws after a couple drinks. The year delay thing seemed strange to me as well. I hope he isn't guilty of something serious, but he's going to have the "accused rapist" tag hung on him for a long time no matter what happens in this case.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I certainly hope this story is false - the world of sports needs more guys like JW has been reported to be.

That said, sadly, nothing surprises me anymore. It seems the draw of 'superman' is too much for too many...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Up on ESPN now... According to Winston's attorney, case was closed last February but, the state attorney said his office didn't receive the case until today. Hmmm, did someone try to cover it up??? Why is it being sent to the State attorney 9 months later???

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

As if having morals has anything to do with the Heisman. Look at Cam winning it....voters completely ignore those things.
Exactly..I agree 100% with ya Alaynna..Morals is overshadowed & trumped by the money the athletes bring to college football..Morals is going away like the dinosaurs & are becoming extinct as well..It's a shame too..

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

I know nothing about the character of JW. What I have heard is good, and I hope there is no truth to this. What I also have discerned is that he is at FSU, rather that Bama, because he wanted a guaranteed starter position. If you are afraid to compete, I wish you well where ever you land. You don't belong in Tuscaloosa.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Up on ESPN now... According to Winston's attorney, case was closed last February but, the state attorney said his office didn't receive the case until today. Hmmm, did someone try to cover it up??? Why is it being sent to the State attorney 9 months later???
A local PD and District Attorney can close a case and have it reopened by the State Attorney General. This happened here to a man accused of child molestation. The District Attorney presented the case to a grand jury FIVE times and it got NO BILLED every time for lack of evidence. 2 years AFTER the last GJ failure, in swoops a new Asst. Atty General who decides she is going to reopen this and somehow she manages to get the man indicted with absolutely NO physical evidence and on the word of an ex-wife scorned. The child gave no incriminating evidence in a forensic interview either. It is SICK what can happen to innocent people when you get an over-zealous prosecutor on board. I hope one day she (the atty) gets what is coming to her one day.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I just hope the truth comes out.
Yup..One way or the other I just want the real truth to come out..If he did in fact sexually assault her, he needs to pay for it, cause no Lady should ever have that happen to her & if he's innocent, I hope his names gets cleared, cause false accusations like this can haunt him bigtime & could be a difference of millions of dollars..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.