Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Re: Wow. Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault

I too hope the truth comes out, whatever it is. In regards to football though, I wonder if this circus will affect JW's play down the stretch. The pressure of an undefeated season is plenty, but along with this it may be a bit much for a 19 year old to handle well. We'll see.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

I hope that this is like the Duke Lacross team a few years back. There was alligations, but when the facts came out, they were innocent. And, my gut feeling tells me that Jameis Winston is innocent here?? She went to his hotel room @ 4 in the morning??
But, if he is found guilty, he can transfer to LSU. Follow in the footsteps of Jeremy Hill. Miles does not seem to have a problem playing kids that are sexual predators.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

The way I read it was that the Tallahassee PD turned the case over to the State Attorneys office today. If that is correct, one would assume they found something... (Earl, thoughts/insight???) Hopefully this isn't a state AG trying to make a name for themselves....
I believe that in Florida the State's Attorney is what many other states call the District Attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I understand this now as that the TPD didn't turn it over to the DA because there wasn't enough there at the time. It isn't the STATE Atty General like in the case I referred to, just the local District Atty office who is now JUST getting the case. They haven't publicly named a suspect, but they can do this in private through a grand jury indictment--if it is anything like how it can be done here in Alabama. The police department can secretly work with the District Attorney and secretly present cases to a grand jury. You see this a lot in drug cases here.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I just saw an Aubie on FB say that this is the third high profile QB to get in trouble before playing Bama. He was talking about Newton and Manziel as the others. Man, are they paranoid or what? Beware of the REC, they're everywhere!

Haha, they do realize that Bama has had their fair share of "stories" before big games. We must be sabotaging ourselves too!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Oh, yeah. About 5:15pm yesterday this was reported on Sirius channel 91, college sports. WITHIN SECONDS, a barner called in and launched into a long, involved conspiracy theory demonizing and blaming Bama for this. It was hilarious because he was so serious. We had to pull the car over for safety, we were laughing so hard.
Wow. Wonder if that guy gets better Sirius reception when he's wearing his tinfoil hat.

I hope there is nothing to this story. College football does not need any more of this type of publicity. It's all speculation, but she went to his motel room at 4 a.m.? Were they getting ready to leave for a fishing trip?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Oh, yeah. About 5:15pm yesterday this was reported on Sirius channel 91, college sports. WITHIN SECONDS, a barner called in and launched into a long, involved conspiracy theory demonizing and blaming Bama for this. It was hilarious because he was so serious. We had to pull the car over for safety, we were laughing so hard.
Not just tasteless (though they deserve *some* points for "tasteless") but seriously mental defected fanbases -- ranking the chaff, here we go:

1. Auburn
2. LSU
3. UT
4. Texas
5. UGA

Sorry but it is what it is.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Wow. Wonder if that guy gets better Sirius reception when he's wearing his tinfoil hat.

I hope there is nothing to this story. College football does not need any more of this type of publicity. It's all speculation, but she went to his motel room at 4 a.m.? Were they getting ready to leave for a fishing trip?
I thought it allegedly happened at an apartment complex?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If those paranoid, tin-foil hat folks want to throw out theories, why not look at Urban Meyer? Wasn't he rumored to be the person to release the story about Cam's academic issues? What does Urban have to gain by FSU being distracted? Oh, just the #2 spot in the BCS.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

If those paranoid, tin-foil hat folks want to throw out theories, why not look at Urban Meyer? Wasn't he rumored to be the person to release the story about Cam's academic issues? What does Urban have to gain by FSU being distracted? Oh, just the #2 spot in the BCS.
The REC and Stonecutters are in it together.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The height isn't a huge issue. First, Jameis is likely not 6-4. Second, the circumstances of the encounter indicate some level of insobriety which hinders judgement and spatial awareness. Third, the encounter likely took place in a setting hard to determine height such as a bed or couch.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Re: Wow! Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault

Man, I hope this story isn't true about Winston. Most everything I've heard or read about this young man has been extremely positive. But if it is true, then I hope he gets whatever he deserves. If not true, I would love to see his name cleared publicly by whoever made the accusation. I know we were all looking forward to the possibility of Alabama and FSU finishing out the season undefeated and meeting each other in Pasadena. That can still happen. We will have to just wait and see.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I hope that this is like the Duke Lacross team a few years back. There was alligations, but when the facts came out, they were innocent. And, my gut feeling tells me that Jameis Winston is innocent here?? She went to his hotel room @ 4 in the morning??
But, if he is found guilty, he can transfer to LSU. Follow in the footsteps of Jeremy Hill. Miles does not seem to have a problem playing kids that are sexual predators.
And, in the footsteps of Mettenburger.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

The height isn't a huge issue. First, Jameis is likely not 6-4. Second, the circumstances of the encounter indicate some level of insobriety which hinders judgement and spatial awareness. Third, the encounter likely took place in a setting hard to determine height such as a bed or couch.

Grandma, what a big.....wait a second, you're not Grandma!

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

I just get the feeling there may be some truth to this. I don't think anything will come out of it. Someone with a lot of money will make the allegations disappear.

T-boy

BamaNation Citizen
May 1, 2010

If this act was for sexual gratification then there would be DNA available for identification.
So why not give up what is necessary to clear ones self?
Exactly. Two things that I don't understand.

1. Why is Jameis Winston even mentioned as involved????? Did the woman identify him or what??

2. Supposedly, DNA samples were collected the night the abuse was reported. Why no DNA test in 10 months to clear this mess up.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN

Florida State fans claim that Bama is behind it, that Bama's program is dirtier than a program colloquially known as both "Free Shoes University" and "The Criminoles," and that their strength of schedule is greater than Alabama's. Was Saban on the grassy knoll?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Florida State fans claim that Bama is behind it, that Bama's program is dirtier than a program colloquially known as both "Free Shoes University" and "The Criminoles," and that their strength of schedule is greater than Alabama's. Was Saban on the grassy knoll?
Well we are the school that made Manti te'o's girlfriend disappear.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

I just saw an Aubie on FB say that this is the third high profile QB to get in trouble before playing Bama. He was talking about Newton and Manziel as the others. Man, are they paranoid or what? Beware of the REC, they're everywhere!
Yes they are. Nick Marshall's "dirty laundry" is yet to come. Stay tuned......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.