Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Last edited:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Re: Wow. Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault

I heard this store on Sirius tonight and the first call right after the news was from..... a barner, basically claming this release at this time of the year is an Alabama conspiracy to get AJ the Heisman. Unbelievable, but what would one expect from a barner.

RTR!!!!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

I heard this store on Sirius tonight and the first call right after the news was from..... a barner, basically claming this release at this time of the year is an Alabama conspiracy to get AJ the Heisman. Unbelievable, but what would one expect from a barner.

RTR!!!!
I'm surprised the REC allowed that call to be broadcast.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

RTR!!!!

As if having morals has anything to do with the Heisman. Look at Cam winning it....voters completely ignore those things.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

I'm skeptical about this. Supposedly, an ongoing investigation, lawyered up, but no charges yet. After 11months? Hmmm...

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Is the State Attorney’s Office involved because it happened on campus or is there another reason?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Wonder who is paying the attorney?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm skeptical about this. Supposedly, an ongoing investigation, lawyered up, but no charges yet. After 11months? Hmmm...
Without knowing the timeline it's hard to say for sure, but yeah it seems like nothing. However, it is entirely possible that Winston wasn't identified until much later after the incident. In the Florida shooting Hernandez was questioned about, the victim had no idea who Hernandez (or the guy that sure seems a lot like him) was.

So, if FSU wants to deflect, and people want to dismiss this, it's easy to go, oh, this happened over a year ago. However, based on that report at least, it's entirely possible that she only recently saw Winston (due to his rise on popularity) on TV or what ever and then said hey, that's the guy. Just playing devil's advocate here, but nothing in the report indicated she knew her attacker by name.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US

RTR!!!!
You know, there has to be something similar to Godwin's Law for Auburn fans. Given enough time, any discussion they have about any topic always turns to Alabama. I doubt there has ever been a thread on ITAT that made it more than two pages before Alabama was brought up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It's all just sad. The accusation, regardless of validity, and the paranoid replies...

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

I think that rapists are just about the lowest form of human being... right alongside those who falsely accuse someone of rape to absolve themselves of personal responsibility.

I'll wait until more becomes known before I even begin to form an opinion.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Meh idk why something like this would come out almost a year later. These sexual assault cases are almost always "he said she said" deals. We'll see I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

With every fiber of my being, I hope that this isn't true with regards to Jaboo. From everything I've seen from this kid, being around him at camps, hearing about him from others, he's a GOOD kid that comes from a GOOD home. The fact that he didn't come to Bama stings a bit, but this young man really is a special athlete and person. I wish him well is all he does unless they play us. For his sake, I hope this isn't true. I'd hate to see such a promising career derailed before it gets started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.