Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - update: DNA match found

Here's a thought: If the charge isn't file, the victim could sue either the police department, FSU, or Winston himself. Either way, his reputation takes a huge hit. NO way He's considered for Heisman. I really think there will be charges.. we just dont know when. They know that if they dont bring charge against Winston, then there will be a huge backlash behind this story.

I wish we could kinda put hold on this thread on this until we know whether the DA is gonna file charges or not. It seems that I"m somewhat confused by all of those articles.. and its hard to tell whether its true or not. But then again, the case is like that too.
You're confused so we should stop talking about it?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Nope, I didn't say that. I"m simply saying that I'm seeing lot of information coming from third party sources and Ive read all of the links and I"m confused about what's real and what's not when it' related to Winston and the accuser. The picture is so blurred, I'm not even sure it actually happened even through there's evidence.. and that's not good at all.
You're confused so we should stop talking about it?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Nope, I didn't say that. I"m simply saying that I'm seeing lot of information coming from third party sources and Ive read all of the links and I"m confused about what's real and what's not when it' related to Winston and the accuser. The picture is so blurred, I'm not even sure it actually happened even through there's evidence.. and that's not good at all.
Just focus on the relevant information and you will be fine. Most of the stuff out there has nothing to do with the case. I just ignore it. There really are only a few relevant pieces of information.

* The girl reported her rape immediately.
* 98% of rapes reported immediately are legit when the victim does not know the perpetrator.
* She could not identify him for over a month, so she did not know him (also means that you can ignore the entire YardBarker article)
* The DNA matches Winston, so he had sex with her on the night that she was raped
* The above two points mean that he was involved in some way in her rape
* She is adamant about pressing charges. This says a whole lot.

The stuff about the police department have nothing to do with the charges against Winston. They are relevant, but not with respect the player or the charges against him.

At present there are no other facts, just opinions. We do not know what else came of the rape kit exam - what other evidence might exist in that regard. That has not been released. We do not know who the witnesses for each side are. We have only seen rumors. As Saban would say, that stuff is just clutter right now. But ALL of the facts known right now point to guilt.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

Hey! if anything happens I will be surprised, looks to me this has been covered up for a very long time. and most high profile thugs get away with murder. And yes I was thinking of OJ when I said it.

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL

There's more than enough evidence right now to charge him..If it were one of us, charges would already have been filed, it's obvious they're slow playing things so he can play football for The Criminals..
No doubt you are right Tideman...

It just seems that if the investigation had been in a timely manner that charges would have been filed in at least the first 30 days.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

The beauty of Social Media and the instant news of the internet!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Thanks!!!
Just focus on the relevant information and you will be fine. Most of the stuff out there has nothing to do with the case. I just ignore it. There really are only a few relevant pieces of information.

* The girl reported her rape immediately.
* 98% of rapes reported immediately are legit when the victim does not know the perpetrator.
* She could not identify him for over a month, so she did not know him (also means that you can ignore the entire YardBarker article)
* The DNA matches Winston, so he had sex with her on the night that she was raped
* The above two points mean that he was involved in some way in her rape
* She is adamant about pressing charges. This says a whole lot.

The stuff about the police department have nothing to do with the charges against Winston. They are relevant, but not with respect the player or the charges against him.

At present there are no other facts, just opinions. We do not know what else came of the rape kit exam - what other evidence might exist in that regard. That has not been released. We do not know who the witnesses for each side are. We have only seen rumors. As Saban would say, that stuff is just clutter right now. But ALL of the facts known right now point to guilt.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The beauty of Social Media and the instant news of the internet!
Yeah, but most "news" reported today would have been limited to the editorial pages a few decades ago. It is opinion, not news, and certainly not fact. But we are so willing to accept opinion that matches our way of thinking that it is soon morphed into fact in our minds. We think that if enough people agree with us, we must be right. Meanwhile the facts get buried, sometimes so deeply that they become irrelevant. We become hypnotized by things like, "If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit."

Social media and the internet should/could have created an environment that would make it easier to expose facts. Instead it has created the opposite.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Yeah, but most "news" reported today would have been limited to the editorial pages a few decades ago. It is opinion, not news, and certainly not fact. But we are so willing to accept opinion that matches our way of thinking that it is soon morphed into fact in our minds. We think that if enough people agree with us, we must be right. Meanwhile the facts get buried, sometimes so deeply that they become irrelevant. We become hypnotized by things like, "If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit."

Social media and the internet should/could have created an environment that would make it easier to expose facts. Instead it has created the opposite.
Yes, Marshall Mcluhan was correct!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I see The Criminals just hung 80 on a powerful Idaho team(G)..Too bad its all for not when they have too suspend their "Golden Boy" Famous Jameis..LOL

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL

They won't suspend him till after football season is completely over. Saw this many times in the past at FSU and thought it was a Bobby Bowden issue of playing players that had arrest records and such. Now it just looks like it is FSU athletics and Tallahassee in general.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Yep, just read that it will "likely be after Thanksgiving" before the police decide to charge him. They want to guarantee they don't get beat by that crappy UF team. Shameful!!

I despise Gloria Allred, but it's time for the victim to hire her!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

They won't suspend him till after football season is completely over. Saw this many times in the past at FSU and thought it was a Bobby Bowden issue of playing players that had arrest records and such. Now it just looks like it is FSU athletics and Tallahassee in general.
If he's charged before the season is over..I don't think they have a choice in suspending him..Right???

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

After tonight's games thus far we are an indictment from AJ being the Heisman front runner.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

They won't invoke extraordinary clause if he is charged with rape. His season is over if that happens.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

They have an escape clause in their policy for that. "Extraordinary" circumstances or something like that.
Yep. And you can bet your house that playing for a national title would qualify under 'special circumstances'. One problem, though. He won't be able to leave the state. The big game is in Pasadena. If it were in Miami, then it would get really interesting.

So, with the game out of state, I'd say they'd suspend him to make a show of doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.