Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Wow! Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault

Wow. So FSU is out of the race. I guess if we run the table it'll be the Waco's. Unless they buy off the accuser. If I were her, I might call off the dogs for $10 million. That way, every day he goes to work in the NFL, he's working for me. Yeah, he MIGHT sign for $60 mil and not feel it but after this, I doubt it. Either $10 mil or your life is over. Take it or leave it.
I believe that it is illegal to ask for money in order to drop criminal charges. This is not a civil case.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

FSU has all the players it needs to make it to the end undefeated. Just a question of what the pollsters would do.
With Baylor and OSU waiting in the wings, it would only take a poor performance for the pollster to let them slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

If Colt hadn't got hurt.
If Jameis hadn't got charged.
Etc. etc.
I thought about that too.

I also thought about the Aubies and one more domino being removed from their path. That's not concern on my part, just an observation.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I have a 7 year old daughter that I love more than anything in the world. If this happened to her, BCS Titles and future draft possiblilites would be the least of his worries right now.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Spencer Tillman, on Joxs, just said that if he's suspended that he thinks pollsters will definitely be influenced to vote differently because without him they aren't the #2 team.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004

I have a 7 year old daughter that I love more than anything in the world. If this happened to her, BCS Titles and future draft possiblilites would be the least of his worries right now.
Bingo. It's incredibly hard to bracket out the football part of things, but that's what you hope happens. Did a man rape a woman? That's ultimately the only question that matters.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Spencer Tillman, on Joxs, just said that if he's suspended that he thinks pollsters will definitely be influenced to vote differently because without him they aren't the #2 team.
And I think that's how it should be. This is a an element that supposedly will exist in the new playoff model. The panel will consider major injuries or things like this happening. Because we all know Fla St would not be the same team without Winston. Much like Bama would not be the same team without Mccarron.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

It's a shame that they won't face anyone in the ACCCG so that the solution could be taken out of the voters hands.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

And I think that's how it should be. This is a an element that supposedly will exist in the new playoff model. The panel will consider major injuries or things like this happening. Because we all know Fla St would not be the same team without Winston. Much like Bama would not be the same team without Mccarron.
Problem is, the playoff committee will consider this type of situation but in the inverse way. Something like this: "Winston was suspended for a game and FSU lost one, but now he's back so let's put them in the playoff". I, for one, think that's flawed thinking but whatever. Suspensions, injuries, and the like have always been part of the deal in football and teams shouldn't get a mulligan when it happens. JMHO.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Problem is, the playoff committee will consider this type of situation but in the inverse way. Something like this: "Winston was suspended for a game and FSU lost one, but now he's back so let's put them in the playoff". I, for one, think that's flawed thinking but whatever. Suspensions, injuries, and the like have always been part of the deal in football and teams shouldn't get a mulligan when it happens. JMHO.
Man I hope not. Because that's not how it was explained when I first heard it being talked about.

roltidejunky

Scout Team
Oct 22, 1999
Vicksburg, MS

We are required to sit in on sexual assault briefs yearly in the Army. From what I am reading in the media and seeing on newscast, this has the markings of sexual assault. The SHARP training we receive says that intoxication does not warrant a yes and make the attacker exempt from sexual assault. I feel very sorry for the girl, she is the true victim, not some football team or a star quarterback.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Spencer Tillman is one of the best guys in the media. I think he should be on the playoff committee in some capacity. Great integrity and he calls it like he sees it regardless of who is doing what. (Even if it is OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.