Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Re: Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - update: DNA match found

And I finally heard about his two friends giving affidavits about being there and watching. That and the no signs of trauma (from what I understand) is really damning. If this is true then her reporting it as rape makes no sense because Winston was not famous at the time so what did she have to gain from a false accusation?

Just a lot that doesn't add up.

Of course his two friends could be lying to help him out but if it is true their was no trauma, bruising then I don't know what to make of it.
Granted, I skimmed the nearly 90 pages, but I do remember seeing that there was a trace of blood in her underwear. I was also struck by how rehearsed the affidavits seemed, which is not surprising given the fact that Jansen had months, apparently with access to all sorts of information, to get all of his ducks in a row.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Of course his two friends could be lying to help him out but if it is true their was no trauma, bruising then I don't know what to make of it.
Well a woman doesn't have to have been beaten up in order for it to be rape.

I keep going back to what B1GTide has said. Either she needs to be charged for false accusation, or he needs to be charged for rape. This wasn't just some misunderstanding like what those clowns tried to make it out to be yesterday.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL

I keep going back to what B1GTide has said. Either she needs to be charged for false accusation, or he needs to be charged for rape. This wasn't just some misunderstanding like what those clowns tried to make it out to be yesterday.
I agree, it doesn't have to be a violent rape, it could be an intimidation rape. 3 big football players and 1 girl.

And I agree, the atmosphere at the press conference was creepy and highly inappropriate and I would think the Tallahassee PD still will have some firings because of the handling of the case.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I will unabashedly pull for Auburn if that happens.
I was thinking it though and I would cheer for Auburn against FSU. I loath Auburn, but... I can't cheer for FSU, given my current understanding of the situation.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

Granted, I skimmed the nearly 90 pages, but I do remember seeing that there was a trace of blood in her underwear. I was also struck by how rehearsed the affidavits seemed, which is not surprising given the fact that Jansen had months, apparently with access to all sorts of information, to get all of his ducks in a row.
Two college guys remember something "virtually" word for word 8 months later? Several parts were so identical that the same person had to have written them.

A crime was committed. A horrible one. We can disagree over which party was the victim, but not that a terrible injustice was done.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

The report makes it seem that the victim was either drugged or had some sort of head injury - being blackout drunk doesn't seem like an option.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

While I believe Winston's accuser had every right to face him in court, I'm unwilling to wish an injury on someone who hasn't been convicted of a crime. Do I believe he did it? Yeah, probably - but we should be above wanting to see someone hurt over what we think might have happened.
I don't disagree, that's why I said "almost". I'm not wishing for it, but if he happened to get knocked out of the game/season the "poetic justice" term would immediately come to mind. The ideal situation would be that he plays the whole game but stinks up the stadium so badly that it costs them the game - now that​ would be awesome to behold.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

And I finally heard about his two friends giving affidavits about being there and watching. That and the no signs of trauma (from what I understand) is really damning. If this is true then her reporting it as rape makes no sense because Winston was not famous at the time so what did she have to gain from a false accusation?

Just a lot that doesn't add up.

You need to read the report documents released yesterday, the rape kit (administered the night of the incident) found traces of blood and bruising was noted by the officers on the scene. The media is doing a great job at NOT reporting the facts in those documents, knowing most won't read them and doing everything they can to paint Winston as the victim. Makes me sick.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Two college guys remember something "virtually" word for word 8 months later? Several parts were so identical that the same person had to have written them.

A crime was committed. A horrible one. We can disagree over which party was the victim, but not that a terrible injustice was done.
Same person did write them. It was a LEO who interviewed them both and wrote it up, they signed it. I think that was #8 in both of the lists, that this was typed up by the officer and it was correct, yada yada yada.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I do think that Armen Keteyian's book was published a little toooooooo early. He could have added a couple of chapters about this in The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big Time College Football.

Looks like the Creator of ALL Things will have to eventually sort this one out. Who's lying? I just don't know!

Dr. Keith

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 27, 2006

You need to read the report documents released yesterday, the rape kit (administered the night of the incident) found traces of blood and bruising was noted by the officers on the scene. The media is doing a great job at NOT reporting the facts in those documents, knowing most won't read them and doing everything they can to paint Winston as the victim. Makes me sick.
I agree, makes me sick as well. PC made me sick enough that I had to turn it off. The way I read the report was that there were no bruises visible when the interview began but they began to show during the interview.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

If Winston is guilty, then I have no problem with him being taken out by karma or whatever one calls the ethereal mechanism that is the arbiter and executor of justice when the institutions of society fail. I trust that karma will determine if punishment is justified and the severity of that punishment.

I also hope that anyone involved in the failure to impose justice and the pathetic human trash known as sports journalists that are sweeping everything under the rug in their haste to lionize Winston get theirs also if it is justified.

I don't feel bad about justice being served by alternate means when the preferred methods fail. In many cases, it's the only way that justice will be served and I'd prefer to live in a world where I feel that justice -- by whatever means -- is guaranteed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Over 200 documents have been released. Jeffrey Burlew of the Tallahassee Democrat is tweeting as he reads through them. Here's what he's tweeted thus far:

• State Attorney's Office releases more than 200 pages of documents in Jameis Winston investigation. #FSU @TDOnline
  • Docs say complainant's friend called FSU PD about 3:22 a.m. Dec. 7, 2012, saying her friend had been raped by an unknown person.
  • The friend said the rape happened about 30 minutes earlier and her friend couldn't "fully remember" the incident but was "shaken up."
  • The friend said she thought the complainant blacked out as a result of being hit in the back of the head "and ended up in somebody's room."
  • The complainant told FSU PD she had five mixed drinks with vodka at Potbelly's that had been provided by a male friend.
  • The woman, who was 18 at the time, wouldn't tell police who was giving her the drinks because she was underage.
  • She said that while she was walking through the bar an unknown male gave her a shot and "she couldn't remember exactly what happened next."
  • #FSU PD contacted TPD, which took over the investigation. An officer said the woman "had no obvious signs of external injury."
  • The woman was "slightly upset and was clearly able to communicate." As time passed, the officer noticed "several bruises" appearing.
  • The woman told TPD she couldn't recall how she met the suspect but that she possibly arrived at an unknown apartment by cab.
  • She said when they arrived at the apartment, the suspect took off her clothes and began having intercourse with her.
  • She said someone came into the room at one point and said stop. She also told him to stop but he didn't, she told TPD.
  • She told TPD she tried to kick him off her but was unable. The suspect, she said, then took her to a bathroom and continued the assault.
  • The woman described her attacker as "black, kinda tallish and big." She told TPD he was about 5-foot-9 to 5-foot-11 with big muscles.
  • She told TPD she remembered the suspect picking her up, carrying her into a bathroom and telling her they could lock the door
  • When the sexual acts were over, she said, he put her clothes back on and told her "OK you can leave now. I'll take you home on my scooter."
  • She said the scooter ride lasted only a couple of minutes and that the suspect dropped her off at Stadium Drive and Call Street.
  • She said at one point, she thought he pushed her face to the side to prevent her from seeing his face.
  • She said she was not screaming and was being kind of quiet because she felt sick.
  • She told TPD she could not identify anyone in a photo lineup but she could possibly identify a man named Chris who played football for FSU.
  • She said she was unsure if Chris was involved in the incident in any way but that he started on the football team.
  • The woman told TPD she wanted to see her deleted text messages before she made a decision about moving forward with allegations.
  • She told TPD if she was talking with a guy she couldn't remember "then it might change her mind."
  • She also told TPD investigators that texting someone doesn't give them consent because she knows she was saying stop.
  • At 11:49 a.m. the next morning, the woman sent a text to a friend saying "I got raped. I don't want to text about it. My parents are here."
  • On Nov. 21, 2013, more than 11 months after the incident, Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman interviewed the woman with her attorney
  • The woman was presented with several "perceived problems" with the case, the State Attorney's Office's investigative records say.
  • The woman was told there was unknown DNA on the pink pants she gave to TPD and she was wearing them the night of the incident.
  • Cappleman asked whether there were any other perpetrators or suspects they should know about and the woman said no.
  • The woman said the DNA was from a previous consensual sexual encounter but she did not want to ID him because she didn't want him involved.
  • She acknowledged, however, that the DNA was from a male friend who lived in Ohio. She continued to decline to give his name.
  • SAO interviewed Winston's roommate, FSU football player Chris Casher, who said he was the first person to talk with the woman at Potbelly's.
  • Casher said the woman gave him her phone number. Later in the evening, he said he saw her talking with Jameis Winston at Potbelly's.
  • Casher told Winston he got her number first. Winston "just laughed at him and Casher walked off."
  • A little while later, she got into a cab with #Winston, Casher and FSU football player Ronald Darby, Casher told prosecutors.
  • Casher said the whole time they were in the cab, she was trying to call and text "a friend for Casher." The friend would not respond.
  • Casher said #Winston and the woman went straight to his room when they got to apartment. After about 10 minutes, he and Darby looked in room
  • SAO documents: "Casher stated the female was performing oral sex on Jameis Winston. Casher believed the female was kneeling on the floor."
  • Casher told prosecutors #Winston and the woman took off their clothes and began to have sex. Casher walked in to see if he could join in.
  • "The female looked at Casher and said 'get out.' Casher said Darby started laughing at him because the female told him to get out."
  • SAO documents: Casher recorded a portion of the incident on his cell phone but later deleted it and discarded the cell phone.
  • Casher told prosecutors the woman saw him trying to film the sexual encounter and got up to turn off the lights.
  • Casher said she'd had a couple of drinks "But I wouldn't say like she was out of her mind and didn't know what was going on." #FSU #Winston
  • Casher told prosecutors she wasn't forced to do anything. #Winston #FSU
  • Ronald Darby told prosecutors he looked in bedroom and saw the woman performing oral sex on #Winston.
  • Darby said Casher said "watch this" and walked into Winston's room. By that time, he and the woman were having sex.
  • The woman asked Casher what he was doing and he said "my bad." Darby "hopped up and looked" and saw Winston and the woman in sexual position
  • Darby: The woman said, "Get out." She got up and turned off a light and tried to shut the bedroom door but it was broken. #Winston #FSU
  • The friend eventually convinced the woman to call the police, and the friend called FSU PD on her behalf.
  • Darby left to go upstairs to his own apartment and saw #Winston and the woman leaving on his scooter. The woman was holding onto Winston.
  • When asked to describe the her demeanor, Darby said she was "chill." He said he thought the woman was trying to go home with someone
  • Darby said the woman appeared to be a "willing participant" in the sex and appeared as if she wanted to be there.
  • Darby said he didn't hear about the sexual-battery allegation until sometime later. Darby consented to a DNA swab for comparison purposes.
  • Prosecutors interviewed a friend of the woman, who said she tweeted "someone please call me" several times in a row.
  • When the friend called the woman, she said she thought she'd just been raped. The friend drove to the woman's dorm immediately.
  • SAO docs: "When she arrived, (the woman) did not want to call the police because she did not want everyone to get mad at her.
  • The friend eventually convinced the woman to call the police, and the friend called FSU PD on her behalf.
  • The woman told her friend she'd been raped and remembered riding home on a scooter with the suspect.
  • The woman's friend told prosecutors the woman said the suspect's roommate kept coming in the bedroom telling him to stop.
  • The friend said the woman told her the suspect kept telling the roommate that "everything was OK," according to SAO documents.
  • The friend said she didn't know identity of the suspect until the woman repeatedly tweeted that she hated Jameis #Winston.
  • The friend told prosecutors the tweets started earlier this year after football season began.
  • Prosecutors said attempts to locate the woman's Facebook and Twitter accounts were unsuccessful. The accounts were deleted, prosecutors said

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

The more that comes out about this, the more I am convinced this should have definitely gone to a jury to decide. You just can't determine witness credibility by reading a bunch of investigative reports, and this case basically would have come down to that. I sat on a jury for a child sexual abuse case once that was even tougher than this. No physical evidence to speak of, mostly just came down to the testimony of a very confused, traumatized child and that of the suspect. I think all of the jurors felt the same as I did as the trial proceeded, that he probably did it, but for a while I was having a hard time seeing how we could convict him based on the initial testimony, reports, etc. Then they played his videotaped statement and he took the stand - and in both cases he basically hung himself.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

after reading RTR91 posts I am convinced of my "Havoc" theory.
I think you are spot on. I hope not, but I'm afraid you are. There's a little detail in the rape kit test reports that perhaps sheds light on this, let's see if anyone catches it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Bruising from a consensual sex act... ok, that can happen, but we all know darn well that's extremely unlikely to happen from consensual sex between strangers.

Winston is in the very least a scumbag piece of crap. He likes his women inebriated and he likes roughing up women. That much seems virtually impossible to deny.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

To make it worse, the FSU fans I know are all in buddy. Look at the karma that TN got for all of their crap and what Auburn had the years after Cam. This will hurt them sooner or later.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009

To make it worse, the FSU fans I know are all in buddy. Look at the karma that TN got for all of their crap and what Auburn had the years after Cam. This will hurt them sooner or later.
God don't like ugly. This whole thing makes me physically ill...so much so I had to step away from this. I thought Newton getting the Heisman was a pretty black mark on the trophy, but that doesn't even half-way compare to the evil of people voting a Rapist into getting it.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I don't like FSU and I hope Winston gets food poisoning, but God isn't going to punish extra special and there's no such thing as karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.