How much room do we have left?

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Our signing class just reached 23. I know we are still targetting LF (though he probably goes to LSU), but Humphrey, Carter and Elam, all 5* kids, are also strong Bama leans.

Thoughts? Yes, I trust Saban, just curious.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
As far as Carter, think about the fact he visited Georgia for an App St game rather than making the Bama/LSU game (that he said he was going to visit for). I think he's not going to be a part of the class. I think we have good shots with Elam and Humphrey though.

But, we also have a few potential flips or academic casualties. We may have more than 2 spots available (and probably do have more than 2).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As far as Carter, think about the fact he visited Georgia for an App St game rather than making the Bama/LSU game (that he said he was going to visit for). I think he's not going to be a part of the class. I think we have good shots with Elam and Humphrey though.

But, we also have a few potential flips or academic casualties. We may have more than 2 spots available (and probably do have more than 2).
I think we definitely have more than 2 left. Along w/ the flips/academic casualites, there is probably 1 or 2 grey shirts. I'm thinking we will take Humphrey, Elam, Hootie or Hampton and Fournette no matter what happens.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I don't think we land Elam..and I think we should have 4 slots ( barring someone flipping from us to someone else).

Humphrey
Fournette
Hootie
???

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't think we land Elam..and I think we should have 4 slots ( barring someone flipping from us to someone else).

Humphrey
Fournette
Hootie
???
I think he will since he sees Hand is on board and Marlon most likely and with our other defense commits he will very enticed to be a part of this great defense class. And KY is on their way to winning a couple of games.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Didn't Alabama get a commitment from someone and there was some debate as to whether or not it was a full scholarship (potential Bryant scholarship or something)? Also, I think there would be a few potential greyshirts. We know Saban is great at digging up 3 star players that turn out to be NFL players, but if a kid is a 3 star I think it gives him extra leverage. Look, you get to play at Alabama but you might have to delay enrollment. It's great for the kid really, because they get to be an EE and they get extra time to prepare, so it maximizes their chance to have an impact during their career.

I'm sure Saban is way ahead of us all in terms of knowing how to make the numbers work. Last year for instance, people were worried and as it turned out he even called up the greyshirt and took his greyshirt off, heh...

Saban has to really push the numbers though, despite that stupid SEC rule. Tennessee has 31, Miami has 27, FSU has 25. He's going to have plans that enable him to get who he needs to get and not just stop recruiting and let FSU or whomever have those guys.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.