Looking Back at the Georgia 2011 "Dream Team" Recruiting Class

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I don't think Fanning has officially left, but I don't think anyone expects him to be back at this point. Sylve was looking good, but his injury has limited him this year, his only year so far of real PT. Douglas came from Juco, and would be gone by now, but sadly died.

I don't think Fanning has officially left, but I don't think anyone expects him to be back at this point. Sylve was looking good, but his injury has limited him this year, his only year so far of real PT. Douglas came from Juco, and would be gone by now, but sadly died.
Would be gone? I thought he would be a senior this year.

Sent from my iPhone

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
As a comparison, here is our 2011 class:

Starters : (8) Cyrus, Pagan, Dickson, Ch Jones, DePriest, Kelly, Sunseri, Haha
Transfers : (6) Calloway, Pettway, Fanning, Ely, Woodson, Shinn
NFL: (2) Dial, Jesse Williams
JUCO: (1) Aaron Douglas
Injured to point of affecting PT : (2) Hart, Sylve
Squad: (3) Luatua, Faciane, Jabriel Washington

Calloway and Pettway are really legal issues. They may have got a transfer but they were booted off the team. Aaron Douglas passed away due to multiple drug overdoses (really a sad story because he was close to getting into the program and hopefully turning it around).

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Out of the 21 guys (not counting AD for obvious sad reason), but we have:

13 guys that would be college starters (counting Sylve, Pettway (he would've started for us in '14 easily I think), and Shinn (same as Pettway).

I would also list Hart as a starter because he was our primary PR last year before his 2nd knee injury and he is a regular on ST.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.