Would you rather go watch the BCS title game in person or watch on your big screen?

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I love my big screen TV but there is nothing like being at a BCS Title game. I was able to make the trip to New Orleans when Bama played LSU after the 2011 season and had a great time. I got fortunate on the ticket prices by doing the reservation thing, stayed with family members in New Orleans, and just drove my car down there. I wanted to go the other years but with the cost of tix, travel, and other expenses I could not afford those trips. However, I am exploring the possiblities of going to Pasadena this year.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If money were no object, I would love to be there in person. But, since it is, I opt to watch from home.
You know most things in life ought to be determined on cost, but there ought to be a few occasions in life that arent dictated by money. I didnt go the OB last year or to NOLA in '11; however, I went in '09 to Pasadena on a loan from a family member. At the time, I had no idea it would be leading to more appearances. I took the same approach as you in '92 and said a $200 ticket then was too much money - regretted my decision ever since. It was worth every penny. The Rose Bowl is simply the greatest theater for college football in the country given its history, our history there, the stakes, and the visual backdrop. They started playing "Good Night" right before the game started and it was probably the most electric atmosphere of a game I have ever been to.

I am cobbling up the funds right now to go this year if we indeed make it.

Here is the deal, you need to figure out someway to make it to one of these games. This run that Bama is on is history in the making not likely to be repeated in our lifetime or ever. Why do you want to talk about it later on in life as having watched it on TV?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I live in a part of the country that puts these games very distant from me, so would require travel. For that reason, I doubt that I will ever see one in person. I am simply not willing to spend $4k-$5k to watch a football game.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
The reason I ask this question is because I am trying to convince my pregnant wife that I would like to go out to Pasadena for the title game before our twin boys come out which is probably around mid Feburary. I did go to Miami for the ND game as that was the first Bama bowl game I've ever witnessed. Anyway, the trip to California wouldn't be too bad if I intend to go out there by myself since I used to live in LA for 13 years before moving to St. Louis. Still have relatives out there, which means I got a free place to stay and can borrow their car to drive to the Rose Bowl. Only downfall is that my wife (who can't stand football) thinks I should stay home because who knows, the kids may come out much earlier ...which would be her 28th week of pregnancy if Bama does play in the BCS title game. I told her that this would be the last time I see Bama in the title game (said the same thing last year :biggrin2:) because our boys will be expensive when they come into this world. This is a huge gamble as I don't know what to do yet....and plus, I would buy a plane ticket that is not refundable as they are much cheaper than those refundable ones that I'm seeing on Southwest Airlines.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Here is the deal, you need to figure out someway to make it to one of these games. This run that Bama is on is history in the making not likely to be repeated in our lifetime or ever. Why do you want to talk about it later on in life as having watched it on TV?
I agree everyone needs to go but with only so many tickets available the law of supply and demand kind of makes it hard, especially for a family just sayin...

I'll be one of the ones who will have to talk about it later and say I watched it on TV. :frown: but I have been to an SEC Championship game against Tim Tebow and that was a great experience.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'd rather watch it at home. I can stop action when I need to go to the bathroom and the girl who gets my snacks and beer doesn't get mad when I grab her butt.

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
Thanks to my wonderful father, I was able to go to Pasadena, New Orleans and Miami. Pasadena was the best venue ever and just was the best overall experience. New Orleans - we did the reservation thing online at the beginning of the season and my Dad thought it was all over after we lost to LSU, but we were able to go on the cheap. Miami was more costly, but it was Notre Dame and meant a lot to both of us. We will not be going to Pasadena if Bama makes it (and I expect them to). It is a "been there, done that" situation. Will be weird to watch it on TV. Being there in the moment in person was an experience that I will never forget as long as I live. If you get to go, enjoy every minute!!

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
30 years as a Bama fan and I am still dreaming and planning to see Bama play live for the first time. That first time MUST be at Bryant Denny in Tuscaloosa (I hope next year maybe) so I'll be watching at home this year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've been to one 'championship game' Bama played in - the 2008 SECCG - and we lost. I'm not really superstitious, but I'll stay at home. We've not lost a championship game since.

Plus, I hate LA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.