Maybe this team needed this game!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Hard to bring A game week after week. I'd rather let down here than against LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M. Shows that our defense is really good to keep keeping on and winning by 2 scores even when we turn the ball over 4 times. Reminds me a little of the VT game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure if they needed it because you always play well against teams that you know are dangerous, but it will sure get everyone's attention.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Hard wins make us tougher. MSU has good lines and we needed a reality check in the trenches. Hey, we are 10-0, number 1 and closer to another SEC Title and NC. RTR!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
During the stretch run is not when you want to play your worst game of the year. That being said, I'm completely confident that the team will be ready to play in two weeks.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I too think it's probably good to throw a game like this in there, especially when you give up 4 turnovers and still come out with the win. You have the LSU hangover, and I'm sure the team was feeling they would probably just roll right over State. I have some State friends and all I heard all week was how bad we would beat them. I'd bet the team was feeling a little bit of that too as, at least offensively, we didn't seem to be hitting on all cylinders all of the time. I'm hoping this just gives them the little kick in the pants they need to finish strong.

Of course, they could have been like me and were just aggravated that the barn fairies found enough magic dust to let Allbarn pull off an unbelievably lucky play.

Krymsonman

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
"In a move that would have made his coach proud, McCarron said that "it was good for us to struggle and win." "It reminds you that you're not as good as you think," he added.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.