Whose going to the Bama vs Auburn game (iron bowl)

I am trying to buy tickets to this game on ebay. Placed a bid so we will see what happens. I have never been to a iron bowl game and was wondering how the nut job fans are over there. I will have my wife and 7 yr old son with me. Just wanted to know anyone else experience who went. Thanks and roll tide

BamaBoyinSC

Oct 8, 2013
Big Tide Fan,
Wife and I went to enemy territory for the first time in 2011. I was a little leary myself but happy to say it was very enjoyable visit. We had zero problems but didn't go looking for problems either. We even went over to Toomer's Corner which I thought might be an issue given the tree thing. The score that year was 42-14. That may have helped keep the nut jobs under control after the game. It is Auburn so keep your expectations low.
BTW, We are planning to go again this year. RTR!

jaakRTR

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Lexington Alabama
I had the same experience in 2007. I went to the IB at Jordan Hare. To be honest, I really wondered what to expect. Had a good time. All the AU fans I dealt with were friendly & helpful. We got there early so we was actually waiting in line for the Stadium to open up, and met/talked with AU fans while waiting in line, even discussing previous IB match ups. In the stands there was one obnoxious fan (think he was drunk), but never bothered us, just had a filthy mouth. I would go back again.

Jason

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Since '55 Jordan-Hare is the one stadium in the SEC that I have never been to, didn't think I would ever have to go there!
Going this year, just hoping not to many obnoxious and arrogant cow's will be around us!
I don't think it can be any worse than LSU - at least I hope not!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I was last there in '99, still trying to get the smell out of my clothes and vehicle. And I've replaced both, but that smell lingers...

CrimsonTut

1st Team
Jul 24, 2000
Franklin, TN
I'm going for the first time as well this year. I've got some Auburn friends who have invited to tail gate so pre-game should be ok. I guess it's luck of the draw inside the stadium as to what type of fans you sit around...at least in my experience at other stadiums.

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA
I'm going again this year and have been to many of the Iron Bowls down there without problems. Just like everywhere else - most everybody is great and just have to ignore the lunatic fringe!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Sitting in the nosebleeds with the other Bama fans, but I'm in. :)

I have been to every Iron bowl in Auburn except one, and I rarely have any problems with fans, and never any dangerous situations.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.