Link: ESPN - The Experts: McCarron For Heisman?

M.C. Swag

Suspended
Jun 14, 2013
2 INTs in a lackluster performance against Miss St. all but snuffed out any Heisman hopes for McCarron.

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms
Not according to the defination that i just listened to. However, the last gentleman that spoke hit the nail on the head. It's all about flash and stats! but i think AJ would rather win the NC than the heisman anyway. ROLLTIDEROLL!

M.C. Swag

Suspended
Jun 14, 2013
Not according to the defination that i just listened to. However, the last gentleman that spoke hit the nail on the head. It's all about flash and stats! but i think AJ would rather win the NC than the heisman anyway. ROLLTIDEROLL!

Grammar/spelling aside, I know stats aren't everything but 187 yds and 2 INTs? C'mon...

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Grammar/spelling aside, I know stats aren't everything but 187 yds and 2 INTs? C'mon...
Recently the Heisman has been all about "what have you done for me lately?" Manziel was flying under the radar somewhat until aTm upset Alabama last year. I remember RG3 was getting some Heisman love but the game that pushed him over the top was an end of the year comeback win over Oklahoma. You can look at Mark Ingram as well, he had a poor game against AU but it didn't prevent him from winning the Heisman because in one of the biggest games of the year he put up great numbers against Florida in the SEC title game.

The voters will look at what you do in big games. If AJ has a great game against Auburn it will definitely help his cause. AJ's selling point for the Heisman has never been stats, it's been about great performances in the games that matter most. A mediocre game against Miss St, that ended in a win, won't really affect the outcome for him. That being said, I think it has been Winston's and Manziel's too lose for awhile now but I believe AJ deserves an invite to NYC at least for his achievements.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Mississippi State sure didn't help. The "integrity" part doesn't help Winston & Manziel. AJ needs to do everything right against the barn but I really believe that just winning out would mean more to him.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
So, if I get this right, it's not about the whole season - it's just about one game?

I used to think the Heisman was the award to get - you know integrity and all that stuff - well after seeing the last couple - naw just keep it - give me an AJ any day of the week. RTR AJ, YOU'RE our kind of player RTR

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I think you can have a lackluster performance in a trap game. It was still a win. There remain 2 tough games, AJ can put up more representative numbers in those games. In fact I can hardly see us winning those games with an underwhelming performance from him.

There are various articles/opinions emerging that CJ should be our Heisman candidate, not AJ. I'm not sure that Heisman talk is a bit of a distraction. Our guys would rather have another ring anyway.

M.C. Swag

Suspended
Jun 14, 2013
Yes, I understand...EVERY fan/player/coach would rather have a championship trophy over a heisman trophy. I get that. I agree with that.

This is a heisman discussion.

Neither Manziel nor Winston have given a performance where they completed only 50% of their passes against a far inferior opponent (or any opponent) while turning the ball over twice. A&M can't afford an off game by Manziel, and so far he hasn't had one.

McCarron is good. His team is great. That hurts him in the heisman race.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Glad to see the A&M homer is back to talk himself in circles about how wonderful and almighty Johnny Manziel is.

According to the Montgomery Advertiser, Nick Marshall joined the Heisman race this week while AJ lost his chance last week against LSU:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Glad to see the A&M homer is back to talk himself in circles about how wonderful and almighty Johnny Manziel is.

According to the Montgomery Advertiser, Nick Marshall joined the Heisman race this week while AJ lost his chance last week against LSU:

The LSU game was a "missed opportunity?" Articles like that are the reason newspapers are a dying a slow death. Why should I pay to read garbage when I can go online and make fun of it for free.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Yes, I understand...EVERY fan/player/coach would rather have a championship trophy over a heisman trophy. I get that. I agree with that.

Neither Manziel nor Winston have given a performance where they completed only 50% of their passes against a far inferior opponent (or any opponent) while turning the ball over twice. A&M can't afford an off game by Manziel, and so far he hasn't had one.

I welcome fans of other schools...but it seems you only come on to discredit AJ.

M.C. Swag

Suspended
Jun 14, 2013
I welcome fans of other schools...but it seems you only come on to discredit AJ.
Discredit? Saying Manziel or Winston are more deserving of an individual award discredits AJ?

It's a topic of conversation that binds A&M and Bama together. (One that you and I are biased in ;p) It's hard for me to participate in any Auburn hate threads, Bama recruiting threads, etc. because my knowledge of those aspects, as they pertain to Bama, is lacking.

McCarron is unflinching under pressure and seems like a good guy. Since A&M's loss to Bama, I've cheered for y'all in every game. I want to see that SEC dominance continue and I don't doubt McCarron can get it done!

Hamburglar

Nov 17, 2013
I think Swags is correct. AJ isn't the most outstanding player in CFB. He should pick up some of the smaller awards(Davey Obrien) though.

I wouldn't trade him for any of the others that are in the Heisman talks.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
I think Swags is correct. AJ isn't the most outstanding player in CFB. He should pick up some of the smaller awards(Davey Obrien) though.

I wouldn't trade him for any of the others that are in the Heisman talks.
How can you justify making AJ the Davey O'Brien winner (for best QB) when the two guys ahead of him according to you are not only also QBs but are, as you said, more "outstanding"?

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013
I still believe one of the INTs should have been challenged. I was very surprised that CNS didn't bring this to the officials attention....hated it for AJ.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I was under the impression interceptions thrown by Johnny Cash played a part in aTm's multiple losses this season.
I don't recall any interception thrown by AJ figuring into a Bama loss. I'll take the rock solid steady leader over the hotdog all day long.

M.C. Swag

Suspended
Jun 14, 2013
I was under the impression interceptions thrown by Johnny Cash played a part in aTm's multiple losses this season.
I don't recall any interception thrown by AJ figuring into a Bama loss. I'll take the rock solid steady leader over the hotdog all day long.
In regards to the Bama game, Manziel was damn near perfect. 1 INT hit his receiver in the neck/helmet and it bounced straight up in the air. (Any person in the world with 2 hands, hell maybe even 1 hand, coulda caught that ball.) It was a good throw. Unfortunate bounce. The other INT was 100% Manziel's fault.

I'm not going to blame the guy that records 5tds and over 500 yds of offense against the best defense in CFB based on 1 poor throw.

Look at it this way....Manziel has posted over 1,000 yds and 10 tds in both losses. 99/100 that type of performance should be enough alone to win a game. McCarron only completed 18 passes for 187 yds and 2 INTs...yet Bama still won by two touchdowns. If you can't see the difference, then I just can't help you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.