Question: Why does awbarn think we don't have a chance?

3 tide tats

1st Team
Apr 3, 2006
Lee "freakin" County!!!
First I live in Lee County and my wife works in Opelika very near the awbarn campus. I went to her work and watched the awbarn vs Georgia game. I had on my BAMA shirt waiting for the BAMA Ms. St. game to come on.... As the barn fans were filing out of the establishment they looked at me and said we are going to kill y'all ( BAMA). Why? Why do they think BAMA is a team that doesn't know how to play football? I look at them and laugh. My personal opinion is BAMA is basically 100%. Georgia wasn't a team not totally healthy but gave awbarn all they could handle. I think BAMA by at least by 17.... honestly 21+..... Your opinions?

ROLL TIDE

Last edited:

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
I agree with your score assessment.

Auburn is much like what James Thompson described in the poem The Castle of Indolence -

"A pleasing Land of Drowsy-hed it was:
Of Dreams that wave before the half-shut Eye;".

Just keep dreaming barney.....

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Plenty of a Auburn fans think Bama has a chance. Blanket statements like the thread title look ignorant.

JHS will be as jacked as ever. Biggest IB in a generation. It will NOT be easy.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I live in Lee county as well and I keep hearing the word destiny thrown around. They truly are impossible to deal with on the rare times they do have a season like this.

Crimson Draw

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2008
I'm hoping for Kenny Bell to have a career game. I think his speed and the fact that Norwood and Coop have been making more noise lately together will give him a big game.

tmv85

All-SEC
I say let them think that. Let them keep talking. Our guys have proven this year they don't like it when others seem to disrespect them. What happened when Bo Wallace said they'd score points on us? What happened when Tennessee refused to call us by Bama, but instead insisted on calling us "the red team"? I realize a lot of the talk is coming from fans, but that's all right. Let them keep feeding our guys. You know that the players on the team have friends who are barn fans who will call or text to spout off. You know that random barn fans in the stores and on the sidewalks will make comments. That's fine. As long as our guys keep things business as usual, I feel sure we'll come out on top. The game may not be easy, and it may cause some of us to stomp and kick the furniture, but at the end of it all, they'll know why we've maintained the #1 position all season.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Our fans need to accept that Auburn is in a rare win-win situation here.

If they beat us, they get to crow for years that they "ended" the dynasty. It will make their lifetimes far more than that long ago Cam Newton BCS title.

If they lose - well, they were supposed to so who cares?

I for one am glad that we are playing a 10-1 Auburn - no chance of a fluff up overlooking them for whoever the following week.

Want to know our record against teams coming into the game with ten wins (or more) under Saban since 2009?

6-1

The only loss? The 2010 Iron Bowl.

And most of those games have not even been close:
2009 Florida, Texas
2010 Auburn, Michigan State
2011 LSU
2012 Georgia, Notre Dame

Those six wins AVERAGE a 21.6 point victory for us. Only the UGA game was even close.

What about our record against teams that WOUND UP with 10 or more wins in a year since 2009?

10-4 (not including Ga Southern, who won 11 in 2011)

And two of those were to LSU.

Just some points.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Believe it or not be there is a thread on ITAT that shows not all of them believe they'll win. Matter of fact, when I saw it this afternoon 75% of the post felt they had less than a 50% chance of winning.

The rational Barner (I know, I know) understands that Bama is the best team they've faced this year and that CNS is the best coach in football right now. Those who understand that, and there are a few of them, know it'll take more than luck for Auburn to win.

Also, just let 'em talk about "destiny." If you believe something will happen without work or effort you'll be tricked into not trying.

Remember the only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Because they are Auburn and they have this belief that "University of Auburn" :)wink:) is the greatest thing to happen to college football and that Alabama is a school with only two Nat'l Champs. IOW, they are whack-a-doodles.

Last edited:

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
I was looking over their schedule today. They have not played one decent defense all year except for LSU and they got beat by 14 points. Bama needs to hit them right in the mouth from the start and never let up.

Here's their schedule and results. Do you see anyone on their with a defense that is anywhere close to Alabama's?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Auburn averages 300 ypg rushing and can't throw to save their lives.

We give up 89.2 ypg rushing. They'll exceed 89 but they won't be in the ballpark of 300.

We have not yet even give up a 200 yard rushing game.

ONE rusher (the guy from Va Tech) rushed for over 100 yards against us.

Why are you folks worried?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
The Barn has already used up all their luck. Their dreams of destiny will soon meet up with harsh reality. I think we win 34-17.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.