PS4 users

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm still trying to decide on xbox1 or ps4. I have a ps3 right now but the online network (psn) was kinda underwhelming. The ps4 is $100 cheaper and has gotten better reviews so far so I am leaning towards ps4. What do you like/not like about it and what games do you have?

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I love the ps4! My favorite thing about it is probably being able to turn it off and go where ever and then turn it right back on and continue playing where i left off.

As for the xbox 1, I'm sure they are equally as good if you are an xbox fan, however, i never used my 360 much so it was easy for me to choose. I do know the specs, for the most part, are better (or higher) on ps4, however, those specs are small things that no one will be able to actually tell between the two devices.

The ps4 does record 15 mins vs the xbox's 5 mins if you like to upload videos. I dont use it, but it's kinda neat to play with.
A few of the games right now you can pay $10 extra and upgrade your ps3 game to ps4. And sometime in the next couple of months they are supposed to be pushing a cloud gaming where you can upload your ps3 games that you've purchased and still be able to play them on ps4. they're not backwards compatible, but you can save the game to your hd and play it that way.

One disadvantage has to be the controller, the battery life is nowhere near the battery life of the ps3 controller. That's just getting nitpicky really though.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I love my PS4 and I have zero interest in ever owning an Xbox One, and this is coming from a 360 fanboy. MS lost me with there early message and there desire to make the Xbox One the do everything box. I don't need one of those, I got plenty of streaming devices and DVRs. I wanted a pure gaming machine with plenty a raw horse power. The PS4 is that box IMO.

I've had no problems with my PS4 so far but I do agree about the battery life of the controller. I plan on buying a second one eventually for backup but, I'm trying to wait until the red one is released. I love how easy it is to broadcast with Twitch or Ustream on the PS4. No one ever watches my broadcast but, it's still pretty neat feature.

I currently have Killzone: Shadow Fall, ACIV: Black Flag, BF4, Knack, Resogun, Contrast and Trine 2.

My PSN ID is RollTide1017, send me a friend request if you like.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Does psn cost money for the ps4? I know that it was free on ps3 and heard sony is now charging for psn like Microsoft does for xbox.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
If you want to play multiplayer games then yes, $49.99 per year. Everything else is still free, like using Netflix and other apps, which you still have to pay for Xbox Live to be able to use those apps on the Xbox One.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
one benefit of playstation plus is that you get a free game each month. the xbox users will have to let everyone know if they do that, I don't know if they do or not.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
I got a PS4 just over a month ago along with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I like it so far. Looking forward to MLB the Show and Watch Dogs.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
I've never been too big of a baseball fan, BUT that MLB the Show looks AMAZING!
They've finally done what all sports games should do; and that's give the player the ability to import their franchises and road to the shows to next year's game. Now I won't have to start from scratch when I get future games.

Now we just need face scanning in all games where you can make your own character.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Same here. I think mine is Rattlehead1982. Looking forward to doing a RTTS with my guy playing most of his career for the Marlins.

Also looking forward to Watch Dogs and Hohokum. Just waiting on a release date on the latter.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs as well, also can't wait for the Last of Us remaster, I only had a 360 when it came out last year and haven't played it yet. If anyone is a golf fan you should check out thegolfclub.com, no release date other then spring. It will be the first console golf game with a deep robust course creator.

I just finished Infamous Second Son and thought it was a really good game. Gamefly just shipped me MGS V Ground Zeroes, I'm a MGS fan and look forward to playing it even with all the mediocre reviews.

Last edited:

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Seems the major gripe with MGS V: Ground Zeroes is that it costs $30 for an extremely short game.

That golf game looks great. I've always had fun playing the Tiger Woods games.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
They've finally done what all sports games should do; and that's give the player the ability to import their franchises and road to the shows to next year's game. Now I won't have to start from scratch when I get future games.

Now we just need face scanning in all games where you can make your own character.
Didn't know that! That's Awesome!

For the face scanning thing, some games have that. EA had it on PS3, if you go to easports.com and upload it. Some games require the playstation eye for it.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I've played the MSG games and to be honest I didn't even know they were making it until I saw it in the store. Then with it being $30, I was like, I dont know if it's going to be any good. I thought of just buying it to see, but I haven't yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.