Figured it was time for an update (November 20th edition)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
No one, including our staff, is surprised by the two decommits.

While they are two great prospects, we have a boatload of others waiting, and this will just mean the shoehorn won't be quite as tight as it once was.

Three current commit academic question marks:

Bo Scarbrough- we've all heard them documented, but IMG is helping his situation. Not sure how much, but I've heard ground has been gained.

Chris Williams- do not know specifics, just know his name is being dropped as a question mark.

Dominick Jackson- has to take a tremendous amount of classes between now and fall to be able to graduate JUCO.

Remaining Targets:

RBs-

Leonard Fournette: immediate playing time is the concern, as far as Bama's chances go. We have made this a race, where this should not even been close. Got the thumbs up from parents, if he chooses.

Roc Thomas: how much as Awburn's success this year changed his previous mood of rather playing at Bama? That's the question if we miss on LF.

Joe Mixon: practically has begged the staff for an offer and would commit on spot if he gets one. Yes, a 5 star, is begging for the go ahead.

TE-

Isaac Luatua: still do not believe he has a spot, though we are keeping tabs.

WRs-

Johnnie Dixon: I think he'd be in this class if not for mom's fear of flying. She wants him home in Miami. We want a slot guy.

Josh Malone: Late offer, could have a spot.

Davion Hall: lost momentum in the safety prospects, and is seen more of an outside WR.

Malachi Dupre: Still hear some rumors that he is seriously considering us, but I still believe it's LSU at this point.

Travis Randolph: Most think it will be hard for him to leave the state of FL, but he is coming for a visit in December. Chips could fall this far.

OL-

Brian Wallace: has been a top target for a while, but he is very quiet. We get the last OV before his decision. Iowa is main competition.

Damien Mama: like VT, I think he stays out west.

Marcelys Jones: if he weren't a package deal with two teammates to tOSU, I think he'd decommit and come to Bama. Home pressure is high. We still get an OV.

DL-

Matt Elam: Bama's to lose. He has all but made his mind up, but the hard part is disappointing the home state.

Josh Frazier: A backup plan at this point.

Charles Mosley: Hard to get a grasp of where he falls in our plans. Big guy and I think we pull him if we push hard but is there room?

LB-

Lorenzo Carter: I think he sways back and forth between UGA and Bama with UFs turmoil sliding them backwards. LIkes the idea of playing with Hand, unlike what others think.

Rashaan Evans: Is definitely open to Bama, but it is unclear if he is waiting on Carter or someone else to have a spot--- or if he'd rather go to UGA or Awbie.

Raekwon McMillan: The OV and sitting down with Coach Smart put Bama in the drivers seat. He sees a path to early playing time, and barring a perfect visit to Clemson, he may be Bama's.

CB-

Marlon Humphrey: I think he is legitimately considering FSU because of Pruitt and the track program. But, can he say "no" to Bama..... I don't think so.

Jalen Tabor: Definitely considering us, but will the home state be too tough to sway? Some think Bama may have the lead.

Tony Brown: just have to think he is all LSU.

Duke Dawson: UF commit that took an OV a couple of weeks ago. Could become an option.

S-

CJ Hampton: official visit is this week and is the 4th or 5th time he has been in Tuscaloosa this fall for the Ole Miss commit. I think the OV seals the deal.

Hootie Jones: the situation has turned again, and LSU people have felt a momentum swing back in their direction. Still, he claims he is bringing his mom to tuscaloosa AFTER his decision date of Dec 2.

JuJu Smith: Blown away on his official visit, but I see a trend with the Cali kids....too far from home. USC is my pick.

I probably left a couple off and we always tend to have a surprise or two....

as far as numbers go..... I don't see how we add less than 7-8 of the above.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
also, I don't like Shaun Dion Hamilton's visit this past weekend to Awbieland. I'm a little anxious on that front.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for the update, it's stuff like this, that makes TideFans, the absolute best Bama web site on the 'net..What does IMG mean in the Bo Scarbough update..

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
The title of the article on AU's Rivals website is "Promise Kept: Gus Malzahn is a man of his word" and the story is about Roberts breaking his promise to UA and not being a man of his word. Comically ironic.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The title of the article on AU's Rivals website is "Promise Kept: Gus Malzahn is a man of his word" and the story is about Roberts breaking his promise to UA and not being a man of his word. Comically ironic.
Can't really blame Roberts. The barn is close to home and less of a depth chart to navigate (even though our CB depth is not as deep as say RB). I'm thinking the rash of de-commits is because CNS wants to know who is on board and who is not because we do have a number of other elite playmakers looking at us. Roberts and VT are tremendous prospects, but we're recruiting at another level right now.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
On the topic of 5 Star RB Joe Mixon: someone asked him on Twitter if Alabama offered would he take it and he replied with an "Of course!" Wonder if we can slow play him and use him as a backup to Fournette. Also, I wonder who is higher on our list Mixon or Roc Thomas?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Jps, you should've seen SDH going crazy on the sideline at Awburn Saturday. Roberts said all the right things too. Not saying he will, but we have to take notice.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Fournette is Adrian Peterson. He is that good. I'm not sure who is next after LF. I might give Mixon the next call, but that's just me.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Jps, you should've seen SDH going crazy on the sideline at Awburn Saturday. Roberts said all the right things too. Not saying he will, but we have to take notice.
Could that simply be a young man who is caught up in the moment of the game? I would hate to see the person who doesn't get up for a exciting play like "The Inaccurate Reception", even if it's Auburn that it happens to.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.