JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
UTC preview: Early lead, mass substitutions, no injuries are the goals
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 20th, 2013 07:19 PM

. By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 20, 2013   While Alabama’s coaches are likely to never publicly say so, the goals for Alabama’s game against UT-Chattanooga are different than for any SEC game – especially with Auburn coming up next week.   Even though the Mocs are 8-3, they’re a Division-IAA team that hasn’t […]

Read More Here

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think that is the first time I have ever picked a score as close as Jess...my pick in the forum thread was 49-0

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I really think we will try to score quickly against them so we can pull the offensive starters and let Blake run the full offense for a few series.

The defense needs the practice against this offense so the starters may stay in longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I'm going along with Jess with the scoring prediction.

I really would like to see Bama get far enough ahead that we could get a peek at the 3rd string QB, whoever he is. At least we would know.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I'm going along with Jess with the scoring prediction.

I really would like to see Bama get far enough ahead that we could get a peek at the 3rd string QB, whoever he is. At least we would know.
Third QB is Del Rio, so you won't see him, as they're going to do what they can to preserve the redshirt.

You might see Alec Morris but we had the opportunity to see that against Georgia State and instead got 2.5 quarters of Blake Sims.

The only scenario under which Del Rio sees the field this year is if McCarron goes down and Sims comes in and looks gawd-awful. And even then you're hoping that a walk-on true freshman is going to be capable of saving a championship season of some kind.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Im hearing a whole lot of Derrick Henry. CNS not happy with the fumbles and he is gonna give the kid a lot of time to show what he's got.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Im hearing a whole lot of Derrick Henry. CNS not happy with the fumbles and he is gonna give the kid a lot of time to show what he's got.
Perfect opportunity for the yunguns. I just hope Blake gets some time with the first string offense, esp. the OL, and runs the full offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Jess, since they also run a run first spread offense, is it similar to Auburn's at all? Will this serve as a good tune up game for what we will see next week?

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Jess, since they also run a run first spread offense, is it similar to Auburn's at all? Will this serve as a good tune up game for what we will see next week?
Was going to ask the exact same thing. Sounds like it is but I would love to get Jess' take.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Auburn's offense has more tempo, I think.

As for the Derrick Henry rumors, let's wait and see on that. Someone made a joke post on TiderInsider a few days ago and the story has taken off. There are a few things I'd urge caution about. Foremost is that, while the depth chart has shuffled in the 3-4-5-6 range all year, one constant has been that someone -- Tenpenny, Hart, or Fowler -- has entered the game before Henry in all games that Alabama has gone beyond a two-man depth chart. Translation, he's been no higher than 4th at any given point in the year. The second is that, even with the ball security issues, Drake is the biggest game-breaker in the backfield. It could be that Drake drops to third this week to give someone else a look but when it's time for Auburn, my money is on Drake as the backup.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Auburn's offense has more tempo, I think.

As for the Derrick Henry rumors, let's wait and see on that. Someone made a joke post on TiderInsider a few days ago and the story has taken off. There are a few things I'd urge caution about. Foremost is that, while the depth chart has shuffled in the 3-4-5-6 range all year, one constant has been that someone -- Tenpenny, Hart, or Fowler -- has entered the game before Henry in all games that Alabama has gone beyond a two-man depth chart. Translation, he's been no higher than 4th at any given point in the year. The second is that, even with the ball security issues, Drake is the biggest game-breaker in the backfield. It could be that Drake drops to third this week to give someone else a look but when it's time for Auburn, my money is on Drake as the backup.
Jess, do you see Kamara playing any? Saban said last week that he could still play some this year even though he was suspended.

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com
With you almost getting this score correct, please predict a huge win for us next week. ;)
The score going to be tough to say...If we can not stop Auburns running game then we are in trouble. I think this will be a close game. We know there has to be no mental mistakes & sloppy plays. The AUBURN fans are going to be very LOUD for sure & we just got to focus on our game plan or our season will come to an end. I am sure Saban will say you want 3-peat then bring your A-game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.