We play Duke next week at the Garden??!!??

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm excited... but scared. I've been following Duke basketball since I was 7-8 years old, and I've never seen a kid like Jabari Parker. We'll get to see exactly how good our defense is...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm excited... but scared. I've been following Duke basketball since I was 7-8 years old, and I've never seen a kid like Jabari Parker. We'll get to see exactly how good our defense is...
I've been wondering how Bama will handle Parker. Would it be better for Bama to let him be and take everyone else out of the game? Or try to shut him down and see what the others can do? It's not like he has no supporting cast.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If I was Coaching, I'd try to shut everyone around him down. Put the game in his hands. He's amazing, but he is still young. Do what the Pistons did to the Lakers back in the early aughts... They gave the stars theirs (Shaq and Kobe), and shut down the supporting cast... if we can do that, plus hit the outside shot we can keep it close. If the refs get way involved, we'll lose by 30..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If I was Coaching, I'd try to shut everyone around him down. Put the game in his hands. He's amazing, but he is still young. Do what the Pistons did to the Lakers back in the early aughts... They gave the stars theirs (Shaq and Kobe), and shut down the supporting cast... if we can do that, plus hit the outside shot we can keep it close.
My thoughts as well.

If the refs get way involved, we'll lose by 30..
Obviously, I don't want us to lose by 30. However, I am just excited we're playing Duke because it will be a major RPI boost.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This one will be tough. Dookie gets all the calls because ol Coach Ratface fusses and cusses the entire time over there, working the refs harder than his team. Very rarely do you not see all the calls go Dookie's way.

Going to be a tough one but RTR!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coach K has a radio show on SiriusXM College Sports. I listened to the first hour tonight on my way home from work. He said ECU gave them a game earlier this week by playing 4 guards and 1 big. We can do that.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Coach K has a radio show on SiriusXM College Sports. I listened to the first hour tonight on my way home from work. He said ECU gave them a game earlier this week by playing 4 guards and 1 big. We can do that.
That'll be a necessity; their perimeter game has to be contested.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I have been a Duke fan since the Spanarkel/Gminski/Banks days in the late 70's. We will see how good we really are though. Duke is really good and deep this year.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I was going to go, but with a 9:30 pm start or later, I'm just happy watching it at home instead of heading home after the game through freak show central to get the bus back home. Besides with a two year old at home, I'd rather get him tucked in bed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.