Question: Where are Best Places To Eat in Tuscaloosa?

acbl_phill

Scout Team
Aug 25, 2010
Birmingham
Archibalds is by far is my fav, mixed plate with sliced pork and ribs. If you go there take a container/bottle, so you can get some BBQ sauce to take home. Don't go to dreamland, it's for yanks. If fast food is what you are looking for, taco casa is really good.

tideinark

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 6, 2003
Little Rock, Ar, US
I ate at mugshots for the first time in September, and I would highly recommend it. The atmosphere is good, but the food is amazing. They have probably the best fried pickles I've ever had.

If you are looking for something quick, Taco Casa is my family's tradition every time we go down. May not be the best atmosphere or the best food, but it is strangely addictive.

[/URL]
I sure miss living a few blocks from Taco Casa, very addictive.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We tried Billy's in Northport a few weeks ago. Others in my group liked it better than I did but I thought it was alright. You can park there, have lunch, and they'll shuttle you to and from the game.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Call me a tourist. Dreamland (original location) is the best BBQ I have ever eaten in my life. Nick's in the Sticks is good and their prices are reasonable, but you had better get there early if you don't want to wait an hour or two for a table.
I cannot agree more. I love Dreamland's ribs. Never had BBQ at a Dreamland, though. Just doesn't seem right. Ribs and white bread is more than enough for me.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I cannot agree more. I love Dreamland's ribs. Never had BBQ at a Dreamland, though. Just doesn't seem right. Ribs and white bread is more than enough for me.

Umm, what???

You do know what the word barbeque means, right? And that barbeque ribs are barbeque?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Pugsley

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Best bbq is archibalds. When coming over river bridge into Northport on Lurleen Wallace turn right just before the Shell station then go left and then right onto Martin luther king (I think that is name) and go thru a few stop signs. It will be on right at a stop sign. It is next to rose lumber company. If you get to the new Northport fire station you have gone too far

They just added a few tables in front and finally paved the parking lot

Also you could try the carnivore lasagna at Depalmas down town. I think it is in corner of university and 22nd avenue.

acbl_phill

Scout Team
Aug 25, 2010
Birmingham
BTW, does anyone have a recepie for archibalds sauce? I would really like to get it. I've talked with the older guy that works the register. He won't even answer a single question about the sauce. He told me that companies have tried to get them to bottle the sauce but they are afraid to do let a company make their sauce.

I like dreamlands sauce. That's why they bring it to the table when you first sit down, it's the best thing they have. We did a taste test at home with archibalds sauce and dreamland store bought sauce. Eating them side by side, archibalds is a lot spicier.

Pugsley

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
BTW, does anyone have a recepie for archibalds sauce? I would really like to get it. I've talked with the older guy that works the register. He won't even answer a single question about the sauce. He told me that companies have tried to get them to bottle the sauce but they are afraid to do let a company make their sauce.

I like dreamlands sauce. That's why they bring it to the table when you first sit down, it's the best thing they have. We did a taste test at home with archibalds sauce and dreamland store bought sauce. Eating them side by side, archibalds is a lot spicier.
----------
Don't know where you can find recipe but you can buy a gallon for 20.00. I keep one at home and another at the farm.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I am living in North Carolina, and I am not too far from Lexington, where BBQ is king. Honey Munks is the best in Lexington if anybody is ever up this way. And " The Pit " is the best in Raleigh.
I was down for the Colorado State game, and decided to trry the famous "Dreamland", and I was not impressed. Better BBQ here in North Carolina. But, after reading this thread, I am going to try Archibalds next year when I make the trip. Sense it is so far, I usually only make it to Tuscaloosa once a year.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I've done all the touristy stuff, all the out-of-the-way places, judged for quality and my own tastes. That said, my perfect food day (non-tailgate) in T-Town would be:

Rama Jama's for breakfast. Center-cut ham and hash browns with a biscuit. All the football atmosphere you can handle and then some. Then I'd probably have to hit the gym and burn it off because for lunch I'd want:

Swen on the strip. My favorite Chinese place in the free world. Fresh and delicious and the owner is so friendly. Best Mongolian Beef ever, just the right amount of crispy vs. tender. Then I'd have to take a nap, run a few miles to burn off lunch and head to:

Local Catch for dinner. Every seafood dish is great, the apps are might fine (pork belly!!!) and the bar is nice. But not so nice that I wouldn't leave and head around the corner to shut it down at:

5. Friendly staff, top-shelf booze and reasonable at that. Nice atmosphere, especially if it's warm enough to sit on the street.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I did not like Dreamland - I prefer pork ribs and they have beef.

I loved Epiphany Cafe - food was incredible and service is great. They actually talk to you in there, and are so appreciative of you coming in. And it is never crowded.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
We also stop at Taco Casa before every game. Really good Mexican style fast food, made very fresh and extremely reasonably priced.
This is one of our favorites. It sounds silly, but we just love it. You don't know what you really like about a place until you don't have it anymore. Sometimes we will eat at the Taco Casa off of I-65 before we go down to eat at my parents' house.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but during the 3 years I lived it Tuscaloosa (late 83 to mid 86)I went to Dreamland a grand total of 1 time. Loved it but never went back. Now my wife & I got there almost every time we go to T-Town. When we lived there we liked Storyville, The Waysider was a regular breakfast visit. We were addicted to Taco Casa, still love it, the same goes for Rama-Jama. There was a little BBQ place in Alberta that we really liked, but the name escapes me...a little hole in the wall place, but the food was great. We weren't big fans of the Landing, but we did like Nicks in the Sticks, when we could get in.
If I lived there today I would probably be big as the side of a barn and broke.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I am living in North Carolina, and I am not too far from Lexington, where BBQ is king. Honey Munks is the best in Lexington if anybody is ever up this way. And " The Pit " is the best in Raleigh.
I was down for the Colorado State game, and decided to trry the famous "Dreamland", and I was not impressed. Better BBQ here in North Carolina. But, after reading this thread, I am going to try Archibalds next year when I make the trip. Sense it is so far, I usually only make it to Tuscaloosa once a year.
That's odd. Everyone in North Carolina know the best BBQ is at Alston Bridges' in Shelby.

CrimsonDollar

1st Team
Apr 9, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
I did not like Dreamland - I prefer pork ribs and they have beef.

I loved Epiphany Cafe - food was incredible and service is great. They actually talk to you in there, and are so appreciative of you coming in. And it is never crowded.
I agree that dreamland isn't what it used to be, but it needs to be clear that they serve pork spare ribs. Not beef.

Epiphany really is fantastic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.