Question: Where are Best Places To Eat in Tuscaloosa?

drues4bama

BamaNation Citizen
Have not been to Tuscaloosa since 2003 and would love to know the best places to eat when we're there this weekend for the game. We'll be in T-Town for 3 days. I'm aware of Rama Jama's and Dreamland BBQ, but is Dreamland still the best BBQ in T-Town? I've had some friends mention it's more about the history/name, but there are other places that have better BBQ. I don't know. Thanks for letting me know and RTR!!!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I ate at mugshots for the first time in September, and I would highly recommend it. The atmosphere is good, but the food is amazing. They have probably the best fried pickles I've ever had.

If you are looking for something quick, Taco Casa is my family's tradition every time we go down. May not be the best atmosphere or the best food, but it is strangely addictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Dreamland is for tourists. If you want great barbecue - and just barbecue - then go to Archibald's in Northport. If you want really good barbecue with options for appetizers and/or side items then go to Archibald and Woodrow's in Tuscaloosa. If you do, make sure you try the wings.

Oh, and second the Waysider for breakfast. :)

Edit: Darn it, now I'm hungry. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
One of my favorite places to eat there is Cypress Inn - although I think it's technically in Northport. I also liked City Cafe and 15th Street Diner. I haven't gotten to eat in Tuscaloosa in a while though. I miss it! :)

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
Dreamland is for tourists. If you want great barbecue - and just barbecue - then go to Archibald's in Northport. If you want really good barbecue with options for appetizers and/or side items then go to Archibald and Woodrow's in Tuscaloosa. If you do, make sure you try the wings.

Archibald's has my vote for barbeque.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Yes and Yes. Real BBQ.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
One of my favorite places to eat there is Cypress Inn - although I think it's technically in Northport. I also liked City Cafe and 15th Street Diner. I haven't gotten to eat in Tuscaloosa in a while though. I miss it! :)
15th Street Diner is closing in December so if you want to go, do it soon. They are tearing down the center to build guess what -more apartments or condo's. Lots of good places.

5 restaurant is good- great Ribeye on Friday night, Shrimp Basket is good on McFarland, Cypress Inn is good for dinner or Sunday lunch. Wilhagen's has good Burger's and Wings, Buffalo Phils on the Strip is good. Depalma's has the best Italian-Try the creme brulee cheesecake for desert(out of this world good). High end is Chucks Fish, and Epiphany- both are very good, but you'll drop 150 or more easily for a couple. Mugshots does have good burgers. If you want good catfish T-town Cafe is really good. Mr. Chang's has really good chinese. It is the only place I have every seen real chinese people eat chinese food. Hokaido is the Japanese steak house and always has a crowd.

FYI, Steamer's burned last week.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Call me a tourist. Dreamland (original location) is the best BBQ I have ever eaten in my life. Nick's in the Sticks is good and their prices are reasonable, but you had better get there early if you don't want to wait an hour or two for a table.
You tourist.

;)

Seriously, have you eaten at Archibald's???

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
Archibald's is best barbeque, but not a sit down type restaurant. They have a counter only. Usually take some home with me on Sunday when I stay overnight. Del Palmas is best Italian ever. Nicks in the sticks is good steak place and always have to get my Taco Casa "fix" before I leave town. Mr. G's in Northport is good fast Italian. Cypress Inn is on the river. Great food and atmosphere.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
..by the way...when I was at UA, my favorite place to eat was at "Grants, on 10th Street baby!" Best steak sandwich I ever had.
And for breakfast, you could not top the Quik Snak on University Boulevard. They actually allowed students to run a monthly tab and you didn't pay until the end of the month. Loved their students.
Great memories.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.