AJ McCarron - Pat Trammel comparison: For the Greybeards

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I had thought about this parallel before, and I'm glad I wasn't alone in noticing.

While Trammel and McCarron are entirely different players, playing in entirely different systems, I think they are exactly alike in their relationships with their respective legendary head coaches.

Each is an extension of the coach's thought processes and attitudes on the field. Each has the 100% confidence of a HC who doesn't easily grant trust, and I believe each is his HC's all-time favorite player. Bryant actually said that about Trammel. And while Saban can't say that about McCarron yet or for some time into the future, I think one day he will.

Cannon

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 1, 2004
Hamilton, AL USA
watvc.com
When in school at Bama, I heard tales that when Trammel was taking tests, if he needed an answer he would just get up and go look at someone's test paper. Professor would not take any action. True?? I do not know, just hearsay.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Pat Trammel had the brainpower to go on to become a doctor. The idea that he would roam a classroom copying answers to test questions is not only insulting to him but ridiculous as well, in my opinion.

boatmax

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2004
Guntersvliie, AL
Trammell was no where near as talented as AJ and AJ is no where near as tough or as much a leader as Trammell was. Trammell was as tough and had as much will as Coach Bryant. Rumor has it that Trammell told the other QB's that he WOULD be the QB so pretty much back off. He was apparently pretty intimidating.
That was pretty much exactly like I was told by a half back on that team. Plus, Pat Trammel had an opened pocket knife in his hand at that time, and stuck the blade in the wooden table to emphasize his statement, and the other quarterbacks were in the gathering.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That was pretty much exactly like I was told by a half back on that team. Plus, Pat Trammel had an opened pocket knife in his hand at that time, and stuck the blade in the wooden table to emphasize his statement, and the other quarterbacks were in the gathering.
Who told you? Billy R? BTW, you still in Ecuador?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.