News Article: Deadspin article on FSU Football Players and "bullying" Professors

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
(Maybe I'm just out of the loop and it has already happened, but...) I'm surprised the NOW/feminist groups haven't mobilized a big stink campaign about this. This is right up their alley. Female being raped (and this time the DNA fits, unlike in the Duke lacrosse case), the police discouraging the victim from going forward, and a high-profile athlete.

(This might get moved to NS)

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
That's interesting. I remember a piece about FSU about how they get their players eligible, but it eventually hurts the players down the road. Looks like it still holds true.

Sent from my iPhone
It happened when bowden was at fsu too. my buddy graduated from there and tole me all kinds of stories. place is a hole.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
If all of those examples are within the last year or two, I find it interesting considering they JUST had a NCAA infractions case for academic misconduct.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I wonder how common this is at 'football power' school, in particular - it's pretty awful they would allow this to go on, imo...
I truly hope the author of the article has exaggerated just how bad it truly is at FSU, but, I honestly think the article paints an accurate picture of how out of control football is at FSU..One thing for sure, it really makes us all appreciate "The Process" that Coach Saban has in place for Crimson Tide Football, and the absolute best structure a student athlete could attend, Coach Saban makes our football players abide by or get the hock off the team..

We already knew Coach Saban is the best for a reason, and this article, proves exactly why we're the best football program in college football today & perhaps the tenure of any HC in the history of the game..If I were a parent of a 5* recruit, I wouldn't hesitate, to make my boy commit as soon as Coach Saban extended an offer to be a part of his football program..

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
The gay professor should have said, "Ooooh! I like rough manly men. Can I kiss you?"

That DB probably would have soiled himself and ran out of there. :biggrin:

If that didn't work, just pull a 45 and ask him "Which knee will it be?"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The gay professor should have said, "Ooooh! I like rough manly men. Can I kiss you?"

That DB probably would have soiled himself and ran out of there. :biggrin:

If that didn't work, just pull a 45 and ask him "Which knee will it be?"
I have a friend whose job used to be tracing down STD chains for the health department. One hotbed was the football team of a local university. The source of infection was not heterosexual activities. Just some food for thought...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A friend of mine whose husband is a professor at FSU posted some tear jerker article the other day on Facebook about some FSU student who did some kind of good deed. She linked the article and commented "Proud to be a Seminole". Maybe I should link this article and post it and ask if she is still proud.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A friend of mine whose husband is a professor at FSU posted some tear jerker article the other day on Facebook about some FSU student who did some kind of good deed. She linked the article and commented "Proud to be a Seminole". Maybe I should link this article and post it and ask if she is still proud.
You know, there is a right and a wrong way to handle academic support. I tend to think that Saban has done it the right way and FSU has not...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.