*** DT Joshua Frazier Signs With Alabama ***

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: ***4-Star DT Joshua Frazier Commits to Alabama***

Any relation to the former qb now db/wr at aub?
I don't think so, I read a story on al.com where it said the Frazier at auBARN helped recruit him and only mentioned he was a fellow Springdale player. Generally they would find out and say if he was kin or not.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

BOL staff mentioned that when most of the recruiting scouts got together to discussed the most physically impressive player at the Under Amour game, the majority stated that Frazier was the " first to get off the bus" guy. at 6'3 and 330 lbs, he has a 67 inch wing span, well put together with no sloppiness to his big frame.

IMO, if we miss on Elam, Frazier will make us very happy for the next 3-4 years.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

BOL staff mentioned that when most of the recruiting scouts got together to discussed the most physically impressive player at the Under Amour game, the majority stated that Frazier was the " first to get off the bus" guy. at 6'3 and 330 lbs, he has a 67 inch wing span, well put together with no sloppiness to his big frame.

IMO, if we miss on Elam, Frazier will make us very happy for the next 3-4 years.
Miss/not miss on M Elam will probably have nothing to do with Frazier making us happy during his time at Alabama.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Miss/not miss on M Elam will probably have nothing to do with Frazier making us happy during his time at Alabama.

I understand what you are saying, I was referring to Frazier playing NG . He is talented enough to play DE as well. His commitment will us options on the Dline.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Sounds like Josh is helping his stock price this week. Love to see our OL and DL dominating like they are. What I really like is the class and maturity (knock on wood) that all seem to be showing. From interviews and pictures, they seem to be very business-minded and enjoying the process...see what I did there :wink:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I've been seeing where a few recruiting guru's are predicting Frazier back to Arkansas. Any info about a change of heart? If we lose OJ Smith and Frazier, a once strong DL class just went average. Even if Elam does pick us (which I'm not sold on).

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I've been seeing where a few recruiting guru's are predicting Frazier back to Arkansas. Any info about a change of heart? If we lose OJ Smith and Frazier, a once strong DL class just went average. Even if Elam does pick us (which I'm not sold on).
Regarding Frazier-to-Arkansas, I've seen nothing of substance that would cause me any concern. Barring some unexpected, last-minute change of heart, Frazier just hasn't shown any serious interest in Arkansas for quite some time now. I think he long ago made up his mind that he was leaving the state, and he's moved beyond that.

The real threat here -- assuming there is any threat at all -- is USC. He's been toying with the prospect of an official visit to LA the past couple of weeks, but nothing has yet come to fruition. I'm not particularly worried about the Trojans, mind you, just saying that if there is a threat here at all, it's likely not from Arkansas.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Do the schools pay for the official visits, like plane tickets etc., or do the kids? I was just wondering.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Do the schools pay for the official visits, like plane tickets etc., or do the kids? I was just wondering.
On official visits, schools do pay for travel and hotel costs for the student and I think one adult. Others probably know the rules better.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

On official visits, schools do pay for travel and hotel costs for the student and I think one adult. Others probably know the rules better.
Thank you for the information. I kind of thought that because it seems very expensive to have to fly. I would definitely take a trip to a west coast school then just to go see the area.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: *** DT Joshua Frazier Commits to Alabama ***

Frazier is still tentatively scheduled to visit USC this weekend, but a lot of people think that trip ultimately won't take place.

FWIW, we've also still got an in-home visit with him scheduled later this week.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL

Frazier is still tentatively scheduled to visit USC this weekend, but a lot of people think that trip ultimately won't take place.

Looks like he isn't taking the visit now per twitter.

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al

tweet from FRAZIER

@JoshuaFrazier99: Confused how reporters found out I wasn't visiting USC haha?? Psychic I guess. But yes I'm signing with Bama next Wednesday so #RollTide

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Great news! Those last minute trips can always change minds. JF is a tremendous player (Andrew Bone tweeted weeks back that ppl at the AA game thought JF was one of the best there). He can be the perfect E/T combo; I think he'll be very similar to Dial but with a bit more athleticism.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

IMO he is the best pure NG in this class. He has power to plug the middle and good speed to get around the edge.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.