News Article: Gus Malzahn talks Iron Bowl: 'If it's a close game, I like our chances'

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I've got no problem with the statement. They've won a ton of close games this year -- I'd guess at least half their wins came down to the last possession or at least late in the 4th quarter? On the other hand, Alabama has had only one game that was in doubt late, and even that one (A&M) was a real longshot for Bama to lose after holding a big lead. If Auburn keeps it close (and that's obviously not guaranteed), they'll surely believe they can find a way to win because they've done it over and over this year.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I've got no problem with the statement. They've won a ton of close games this year -- I'd guess at least half their wins came down to the last possession or at least late in the 4th quarter? On the other hand, Alabama has had only one game that was in doubt late, and even that one (A&M) was a real longshot for Bama to lose after holding a big lead. If Auburn keeps it close (and that's obviously not guaranteed), they'll surely believe they can find a way to win because they've done it over and over this year.[/QUOTE]

so did the 2012 Norte Dame team.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
Well ain't he Mr Football genius. Q: Which team has a better chance if it's close or not close?

A: All of them DUH!

We may have just seen the title of Gus's next book.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
I like our chances much better if its a close game. Don't really like our chances
if they are beating the hell out of us.......

This insightful nugget pertaining to this weekends Alabama/awbum
game is brought to you by Professor Gustav and Blue Bell, the
makers of the awbum snack of choice, "Mooo Bars".

:D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.