Pick the score: Auburn vs. Alabama (Iron Bowl)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Bama defense is better IMO than it was in 2010, by leaps and bounds...and Barn was controlled in the first half back then. Then both Bama O and D went to sleep....ain't happening again.
If you want to talk Destiny, Bama's seniors have a chance to set a modern day record. I think Bama's defense is goin to show just how good it really is.
Bama 41
booger eaters 6

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
A tough game to pick. I be thinking that the first half storm is going to be rough. My prediction is 38 Alabama, 21 aubarn.
I am thinking like you that the Barn will some crap out of their butt in the 1st qtr and jump up by 14-17 points just like they did on UGA. Like 2009, BAMA pulls it out in the end 34-30.

I am thinking like you that the Barn will some crap out of their butt in the 1st qtr and jump up by 14-17 points just like they did on UGA. Like 2009, BAMA pulls it out in the end 34-30.
Not with this defense. The reason why is because we've seen his tendencies. They are running the same offense with no pass game, something they had in 2010, and an even worse defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
They'll get lucky on their opening drive with deception and jet sweeps, and lucky on a long pass play because their entire program, throughout history, is built on luck. We have had a tendency to start slowly this season, and Saturday may be no different. The Auburn crowd will start to think this is 1989 all over again... until the second quarter.

Kirby Smart will quickly adapt defensively, and Auburn's secondary doesn't stand a chance against our play-action passing attack, which will, ironically, open up the run. And they cannot stop the run when it comes right up the gut.

We will be up 21-14 at the half. Two more long, sustained drives in the 3rd and early 4th quarters will give us a 35-14 victory.

We will then beat Mizzou/SC in the SECCG and Fla State in Pasadena for our 16th national championship.

Meanwhile, Auburn's year of destiny will end on two straight losses, to us and to a mediocre Big-10 Club in the Capital One Bowl.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Interesting factoid. Up until now:

Bama has never beaten a 10-win Auburn team
Auburn has never beaten a no. 1-ranked Bama team

Something's got to give on Saturday.

Alabama (10-0) has beaten an unbeaten #5 ranked Auburn team with a Heisman trophy winner at QB. They just did not play as many games in 1971 (Auburn was 9-0) . That day Bama dominated the unbeaten Tigers: 31 - 7

Keeping in mind that history repeats itself --- I will go with a 31 - 7 Bama victory as the score of this years' game.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
42-14.

I think NM is going to have a nightmare of a game. His throws miss high. They float. That spells disaster in the SEC. This will not be a repeat of 2009. This team is better. On offense it's a lot more dynamic and much harder to stop. We'll see, but I do not think it will live up to the hype it will get this week. Also throw in the fact that usually (over 85% of the time) the better team wins. Bama is better.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd caution thinking we go for the pop pass play action early...they have a high likelihood of playing pass first early to turn normal big gainers into big sacks. They've done it a lot in games I've watched.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Bama by three scores or more. Don't see how this will stay close unless we have turnovers.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I'd caution thinking we go for the pop pass play action early...they have a high likelihood of playing pass first early to turn normal big gainers into big sacks. They've done it a lot in games I've watched.
I would love for us to go to that PA play with three verticals and have OJ slip out into the middle for an easy 15-20 yard gain.

I still think we hit heavily with quick passes early to loosen up the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I hope some of these scores are correct…. my heart can't take a close one.

Anyway, the boogers will be in a frenzy to start the game. Slowly, the emotion wears off and talent takes over. In the end:

BAMA- 28

Boogers-17

RTR!!!!

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Anyone got any material from their boards for the score projections? I have looked at two of their boards and have not found anything but I am not a ITAT member. Just looking for a general feeling.

As far as my own prediction goes, I am sticking close to the consensus and saying:
Bama 31
Barn 13

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
My gut is Auburn will have success with their running game but ultimately won't be able to keep pace with our offense.

Alabama 35
Auburn 24

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I would love for us to go to that PA play with three verticals and have OJ slip out into the middle for an easy 15-20 yard gain.

I still think we hit heavily with quick passes early to loosen up the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...
Not bad, but I would just about wet my pants if we ran a flea flicker first play of the game and hit it for a 75 yard TD to Bell.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.