Aaron Murray tears ACL, career over at Georgia.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That is sad, he is a great QB. Not the way you want to end your college career. It will be weird to see UGA with a different QB.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Is he supposed to be a high draft pick? I always viewed him as overrated based on his lack of performance in big games. He has a lot of numbers and a few records but never really did anything when it mattered.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
AJ is a class act.

"@10AJMcCarron: Praying for @aaronmurray11 no matter who he plays for I hate to see a guy get hurt after putting in so much work. Wish u the best!"

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Is he supposed to be a high draft pick? I always viewed him as overrated based on his lack of performance in big games. He has a lot of numbers and a few records but never really did anything when it mattered.
Whenever Murray was on the field, Georgia was an immediate and ominous threat to beat you. One of the SEC's all time best, I wish him well in his future.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Sad stuff man. Kid had an amazing career and i think his 4th qtr vs Auburn is a microcosm of his UGA career. Tough, gritty competitor that will put the team on his back but playing for a team that'll find a way to blow it for him every time.

Good luck to him going forward

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Something to be said about leaving early if the potential 1st or 2nd round high draft number are possible. Would've made a few mill this year. Hate it for him. I hope he makes a complete recovery and gives the fans thrills for whatever team chooses to invest in his talent.

Speedy recovery and best wishes Mr Murray!

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
How many torn ACLs did UGA have this year to major contributors? This is as ridiculous as I have ever seen on one team. I really like AM and hope this will not affect his draft status too much. I think that He and AJ both will go "under" drafted come April. They have all the mechanics and leadership that you need to win in the NFL.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Georgia has been absolutely snake bit by injuries this year. If everyone stays healthy, I think we definitely play them again in Atlanta in what might have been another epic game.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
He could have accomplished a whole lot more with a better team and better coaches around him. I hope he does well in his future.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I feel bad for him. He is a very talented QB and the season is adding insult to injury. Hope he does well in the future as a pro.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
There are really two ways to look at the timing of this injury:

First, you could say that it is good that it happened basically at the end of the season and thus he did get to play the majority of his senior season and set a lot of SEC records.

OTOH, being at the end of the season doesn't give him a lot of time to recover following surgery before the NFL combines and such. He could participate in some activities that don't put a lot of stress on the leg, but it will still possibly hurt his stock.

Nothing to do now however other than have the surgery and get started on rehab.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
He came awfully close to changing our trajectory last year, hellava lot closer than the sanctioned national championship and notre dingleberry.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Hate to see this happen, regardless of what team he plays for.

There may be a silver lining, to all of this, including his decision to come back for his Sr year.

If he had come out early, last year, there was always the chance he was taken high in the draft. While the payday is greater, the likelihood he is drafted by a crappy team is also higher. Ditto for this year, if his draft stock slips, as a result. If it means he slips to a team that really wants him, but doesn't need him to play immediately, in may turn out best in the long run.

One can hope that is the case. I'm partial to players who stay their Sr year, so here's to hoping.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.