Class of 2016 RB Tre Nation Leeds HS Alabama 5'11 205lbs

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
Didn't see anything posted on him previously. Has 1346 yards as a sophomore and Leeds HS is still in the playoffs. Just curious if there are any thoughts about him from any of our members. Looks like there could be a star in the making.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You need to read more if you haven't heard of this kid. The local high school shows on ABC and Fox shows him almost every week and with Leeds still in the playoffs you'll see him until they are put out now.

People will look at Leeds and them being 3A and say something bad about this kid. He is young so he has a ways to go, but this kid will be a BEAST before he graduates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_BQvqVAo5I

WARNING: I know this video has music and I'm laying in the bed with the wife asleep so I didn't get to listen to the music. I hope the lyrics are not playing so please be warned. It is not the best highlight video and could have been done better but will give you an idea on how this kid plays.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Pretty impressive considering that according to the lead-in these highlights were from his freshman year. Also, 5' 11" and 195 is pretty good sized for a 14 year old, I'd suspect that unless he's physically awfully precocious that he'll get a lot larger. Between the poor quality of the video and no knowledge of the quality of the competition it's hard to tell much more than that he seems to have excellent acceleration and appears to have the knack of seeing the holes developing. Awfully impressive looking for the age in any case.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
If he was a senior playing like that, I'd be less impressed. I don't know enough about projecting to know how good he'll be, but I was much less impressed with his video than the videos from all 4 of our 2013 RB recruits. Like I said though, this is from his freshman year and he looked good, just not jaw-dropping like some of our current RBs. Good speed, very good vision/feel, but only above-average speed, strength, and cuts (made to look better by bad tackling). Am I the only one looking at the video this way?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
2012: He was ALL of their rushing offense as a Freshman (274 carries, 1890 yards, 21 TD, 145.4 yards a game and 6.9 per rush). They also played teams like Maplesville (1A powerhouse), Piedmont, Bayside Academy and Fayette County

2013: Piedmont, Fayette County, and T.R. Miller were impressive teams.

I have not seen his stats in any of these games though.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I read that Leeds has another RB that has so far run for 800 yards, so they are sharing the load this year.

2012: He was ALL of their rushing offense as a Freshman (274 carries, 1890 yards, 21 TD, 145.4 yards a game and 6.9 per rush). They also played teams like Maplesville (1A powerhouse), Piedmont, Bayside Academy and Fayette County

2013: Piedmont, Fayette County, and T.R. Miller were impressive teams.

I have not seen his stats in any of these games though.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
Picked up 156 yards and two touchdowns against Straughn tonight, giving him 1502 for the year. Leeds plays 14-0 3A #1 Madison Academy and Kerryon Johnson at Bryant-Denny Stadium next Thursday for the 3A state championship. He's accumulated approximately 3500 yards in his freshman and sophomore seasons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.