Derrick Henry Playing Time

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I haven't seen anything on TideFans about the excellent play of #27 as he was the 2nd guy off the bench Saturday. What a combo of speed and unadulterated power! Has CNS commented on him? Maybe his pass blocking has improved and he plays in the Iron Bowl due to fumble issues elsewhere. He looks like a Trent who prefers going to the edge and succeeds.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Derrick Henry Play Time

I doubt he's playing unless Yeldon isn't able to go. He's going to be a great one though. A lot faster than he looks

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

There are still a lot of folks that don't want him at RB. He seems to look better each week. Should be a handful in the coming years.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois

There are still a lot of folks that don't want him at RB. He seems to look better each week. Should be a handful in the coming years.
I'm sorry for being ignorant... but who or why wouldn't people want him at RB? He is a specimen of an athlete, and from what little game time I have seen, he looks pretty good

-CLINT

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I haven't seen anything on TideFans about the excellent play of #27 as he was the 2nd guy off the bench Saturday. What a combo of speed and unadulterated power! Has CNS commented on him? Maybe his pass blocking has improved and he plays in the Iron Bowl due to fumble issues elsewhere. He looks like a Trent who prefers going to the edge and succeeds.
Big Henry is another sharp knife in our arsenal.
I'm looking forward to him playing a bigger part in our Offense.
I really like Dee Hart, but he's not ideal to bust it up the middle very often.
Earlier this year Derrick fumbled a couple of times, and his blocking wasn't great,
now it looks like he's blocking better, and can hold on to the 'Potato'.
I think Derrick Henry is the real deal, and would love to see him play more too.
Question is do we take carries away from TJ or Kenyan to get Henry on the field?
If Yeldon is still kind of banged up, I'd play Derrick behind Drake...
Yeldon already has a 1000 yds., I'd really like to see Kenyon's yards go up too.

We have an embarrassment of riches at Running Back.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He was a bit stiff early in the season but I think his opportunities of late have looked a lot better. He's definitely a tailback that will be used a good bit next year I imagine.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

We absolutely cannot afford to put the ball on the ground on Saturday. If either of our starting rb's do, personally I'd like to see Henry in the game.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I'm sorry for being ignorant... but who or why wouldn't people want him at RB? He is a specimen of an athlete, and from what little game time I have seen, he looks pretty good

-CLINT
You definitely do not follow recruiting.

Yes Henry benefited from Yeldon sitting yesterday but he looked great I thought. I think he has definitely moved ahead of Fowler, Hart, and Tenpenny and could probably be our #3 back by now.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois

You definitely do not follow recruiting.

Yes Henry benefited from Yeldon sitting yesterday but he looked great I thought. I think he has definitely moved ahead of Fowler, Hart, and Tenpenny and could probably be our #3 back by now.
Sorry I don't. I follow hundreds of actual college players as well as most every NFL player...... half the players we recruit don't play a down at Alabama.... so I wait until CNS coaches them in the spring... then I pay attention.

But then that is why TideFans is a treasure. THere are people like yourself that DO follow recruiting and can help the rest of us out. Thanks!

-CLINT

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

28 carries this season--282 yards--10.1 ypc---2 TD's
Anyone who doesn't want Henry at RB doesn't know a running back is.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006

I truly believe that as good as he now is, he has the raw potential to be a Bo/Herchel quality RB - and that after another year in Bama's off-season and pre-season programs, we'll really start to see it next year. There's still a lot of room to fill out on that frame!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

-CLINT
Please don't misunderstand me I like this kid a lot & followed him in HS he is going to be great, but he has a lot to learn about the college game & our system. He is learning and doing much better. There is a lot to do being a RB in this offense, as he grows & learns it I think he is going to be a very good back. Like CNS said who do you sit? Yeldon? Drake? Fowler?

Im sure he wants to start but this time he has spent learning will really pay off for him.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Please don't misunderstand me I like this kid a lot & followed him in HS he is going to be great, but he has a lot to learn about the college game & our system. He is learning and doing much better. There is a lot to do being a RB in this offense, as he grows & learns it I think he is going to be a very good back. Like CNS said who do you sit? Yeldon? Drake? Fowler?

Im sure he wants to start but this time he has spent learning will really pay off for him.
This. He didn't even know which side of AJ to line up on in the first game. That is to be expected. That said, he if your last line of protection is lost you could lose your QB for the year to a blind side hit. He also got really frustrated which is also common. He is making great progress but they have to be ready before they hit the big stage. This will be the biggest stage most of our guys have ever seen. Yes it will be bigger than the previous NCGs. It will be wild!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

This will be the biggest stage most of our guys have ever seen. Yes it will be bigger than the previous NCGs. It will be wild!
I'm not sure it's bigger than TAMU. It's certainly not bigger than the BCS games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.