Link: Malzahn possibly to Texas? Talk about a meltdown on the Plains. LOL!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Another funny comment from UT is the claim Saban would leave here because he's breaking in a new QB next year. Yet the last two rookie QBs for Saban both won national titles their first year - and don't forget he won an SEC title in 2001 with a backup who entered the game trailing 20-7 when the starter got injured.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Texas logic: Saban will come here because he wants a challenge & it's easier to win here.
Only a Texan could believe contradictory "logic" like that.

As far as Gus......I just would like to see them deal with the questions for a change. But remember: he's still not in charge at Auburn even if Lowder has been allegedly declawed.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
In all reality he would be a good choice for Texas. We all know that Texas is stacked with talent. They have recruited very good. Look what Gus has done @ Auburn with decent talent, but not Texas talent. I think they would win with Malzahn

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
All kidding aside, if this were to happen would there ever be a faster coaching acension in football? This guy was coaching high school football what 5 years ago? From HS to one of the premier programs in the country in that short of a span would be crazy...
Gerry Faust. Went from a major H.S. power to Notre Dame. We see how that turned out.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In all reality he would be a good choice for Texas. We all know that Texas is stacked with talent. They have recruited very good. Look what Gus has done @ Auburn with decent talent, but not Texas talent. I think they would win with Malzahn
You are absolutely right.

That's what gives this rumor credibility. :)

Of course, it's more than just a rumor because we all know rumors aren't allowed here. ;)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Even though he just got a new extension, I say Art Briles is the most likely candidate. I do hear that Glanville is looking for a job!

SouthBaman

1st Team
Mar 26, 2004
Deep South

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
All kidding aside, Gus has done a great job at the barn this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't think Saban gives a damn how long Malzahn is at Auburn. It's not like Gus has a stellar record against us as OC. He only won the 2006 Arky game bc Leigh Tiffin had a bad game. He won the 10 IB only because we left 18 points on the board.
Somebody smack me upside the head - even I know Saban wasn't here in 2006.

Doh!!!!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The barner I was tormenting yesterday fell back to pointing out how Saban has jumped around...I told him I wasn't up on Malzahn's career but it was my impression Saban had stayed at Michigan State and LSU both longer than Malzahn had ever stayed anywhere. Nevermind Saban is in his seventh year at Bama, he's still a job hopper to them, just don't point out Malzahn's record.
A barner at work told me Saban wasn't that good in the NFL. I said well Malzahn was a pretty good high school coach.:biggrin2:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Getting a 404 from the link now. Looks like someone somewhere wasn't happy to see this and all the attention it was getting.
It's still up but slow. Just in case though...
here is only one list for candidates and it has 5 (Shaw is actually the lowest on the list and is a potential 6th who would leave Stanford for the numbers I will list below) because those making the decisions don't believe it needs to be longer than this get our man.All contracts are expected to be for 5 years, no buyout on our end, huge buyout for them to leave, and the bonuses are for wins only. For ex:, going to NC would not net the bonus, winning it would.
Tier 1 Offers: Saban, Meyer; Saban 7.5 million base, 2.5 million for a conference championship, 1.5 for a BCS bowls and 2.5 million for a NC. Ironically, these numbers (conference title and BCS win) line up with Gov Perry who said Texas might put up 12 million, according to a recent article in the Dallas Morning News. He shouldn't know this stuff and it peeves me that it seems like he may know the numbers. Meyer's offer: 5.5 million base with 1.5 million for a conference championship, 1 million for a BCS bowl, and 1.5 for a NC.
Tier 2 Offers: Malzahn, Gundy, and Briles (also in that order with Shaw left off but same offers for him): 5 million with 1 million for conference, 1 million for BCS, 1 million for NC.
Keep in mind that our conference is down with many young teams, we may grow or move to another conference. Bonuses every year by a coach are not likely however the draw should be the high base and the the enormous potential payout for even one bonus.

Back to Malzahn, the rumor is that Malzahn is already picked and that Mack has agreed to step down while also expressing his support for Malzahn. Supposedly Saban is a smoke screen. I talked to one of my friends just 5 minutes ago about the Saban as smoke screen while we set things up with Malzahn and he said yes, he'd been hearing the same thing. I'm going to try and speak with my other source who is one who will confirm something for me as far as what is going on now. If he says that Malzhan is our guy and the above is true, I will believe this to be the case until shown otherwise. Before picking at me, just know I'm simply sharing info. My friends have told me Saban was not a random whisper rumor for over a year and they've told me Diaz would be fired by Mon the Sat before (word got around too fast so they axed him Sun instead). Just because I choose to believe them doesn't mean you should. They also reported the pay numbers and contract terms, I'm sure I'm not suppose to be posting those but I'm counting on this site not being something they read.
As far as Gus, I'm all for it. Any thoughts?
All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Maybe Texas will hire Chizik :rolleyes:
I am glad that you posted that one in blue :smile:. I for one was thrilled when Malzahn left Auburn, and they kept Chizik. I was just hoping that Malzahn would have chosen to go to North Carolina. His name was up for the Carolina job, and I felt that he would have been a great fit there. But, in all reality, Texas is a great job, and I feel that Malzahn will do well there. If he goes to Texas.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I could care less where he goes...because I don't buy into the "he's a good coach" line of thinking. He inherited talent at Arkansas State and a system very similar to his own; he inherited a lot of talent at the Barn. But at least two of their wins this year have been pure luck.
His offense can be shut down to the point where a scam-type is the only hope for a win...and he won't get a scam type very often. It will fail against a quality defense nearly every time. Barn plays it's second real defense of the year Saturday, and the result will be just like when they faced the first real defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.