Link: Malzahn possibly to Texas? Talk about a meltdown on the Plains. LOL!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The thought actually crossed my mind. Gus is a hot commodity and he should cash in if given the chance.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Sometimes I think Texas is just going to go with a nine-man head coach-by-committee approach next season.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Just the rumor is good enough for me! Bwuhahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Gus was actually their first choice all along.

Has Mrs. Malzahn been meeting with realtors house-hunting lately?

:biggrin2:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I had a barner insisting they were going to win yesterday. I told him that was ridiculous, but then asked him if he had considered whether beating Bama would get Gus the Texas job...

Would it be worth it to barners? I could see his brain freeze up as he thought this through.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It honestly makes sense to me from the Texas perspective. The guy can obviously coach and his offensive system is very Big 12 oriented and matches the personnel they already have in place. That would eliminate a couple of years rebuilding time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Gus could do well at Texas, BUT...

I don't see the 'Short Horns in the big hats' buying in to let him do what would be necessary.
Not sure the Texas 'Culls' on their team would warm up to Gus either.
They would rather go after Houston Nutt...
Texas isn't ready for Gus, and I don't think Gus is ready for Texas.

That said... Texas would start beating up on their weak conference.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
I'm waiting on the edge of my chair for an obscure radio station in Texas to pick this up and run with it. That won't happen though. Gus is as exciting as 4 hours of CSPAN2...

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
LOL!! A barn fan sent me a saban-to-texas link a month ago. I had to retrieve it from my trash so I could reply with the above link. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Wow! What a lose/lose prop for the barn! Lose to Bama and have to suffer for another year, probably longer. or beat Bama only to lose your savior to uTx. Either way, there will be gnashing of teeth in Barnville. Or even worse, lose to Bama and lose your savior to uTx. I prefer the third option :biggrin:.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Let me throw a little gas on the fire...here's a quote explaining the logic, copied from the original link:

Malzahn: He is credited with the Auburn NC now, not Gene based on the results Maz has had since becoming HC. If Saban stays at Alabama it is because UT decides they don’t want the negative publicity of paying that much to a coach or Saban decides to just retire in a few years at Bama. Saban doesn’t like having Maz at Auburn for the remainder of his tenure at Bama if he doesn’t come to Texas either. Malzahn has won at every coaching position and coaching level he has been at, is young compared to the others and is apparently almost a done deal, Mack has apparently approved him as a replacement so for anyone dying to see Mack go, I’m told there is a 95% chance he is going.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.