Link: Malzahn possibly to Texas? Talk about a meltdown on the Plains. LOL!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Win lose or draw, if Texas truly is interested in Gus-Gus and they drop four to five million/year in front of him I think he should jump on it. I know we love to throw the "loyalty" word around when it comes to college football but Gus-Gus has to be loyal to his immediate family (wife and kids) before to his Auburn "family". Doubling your salary and coaching in a very winnable conference where you are the top dog with regard to recruiting? To me it would be a no brainer for him and his family. The tools are already there to run his type of offense.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't think Saban gives a damn how long Malzahn is at Auburn. It's not like Gus has a stellar record against us as OC. He only won the 2006 Arky game bc Leigh Tiffin had a bad game. He won the 10 IB only because we left 18 points on the board.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The barner I was tormenting yesterday fell back to pointing out how Saban has jumped around...I told him I wasn't up on Malzahn's career but it was my impression Saban had stayed at Michigan State and LSU both longer than Malzahn had ever stayed anywhere. Nevermind Saban is in his seventh year at Bama, he's still a job hopper to them, just don't point out Malzahn's record.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The barner I was tormenting yesterday fell back to pointing out how Saban has jumped around...I told him I wasn't up on Malzahn's career but it was my impression Saban had stayed at Michigan State and LSU both longer than Malzahn had ever stayed anywhere. Nevermind Saban is in his seventh year at Bama, he's still a job hopper to them, just don't point out Malzahn's record.
You have to go back to Bryant and Thomas to find a head football coach that has been with Alabama longer than Saban. And next year, he catches Wallace Wade.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
As humorous as this would be if it pans out, I just can't get past the mind-numbing arrogance of the Texas fan base. It would suit me just fine for them to end up with some retread like Houston Nutt.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I'm just counting down the time till we see the first "Kirby to Aubarn ???" thread and the volume of worried posts therein.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i skimmed through the article and the second comment jumped out at me:

I don't disagree that Shaw would be a good choice however for some reason, based on what I've been told he is last on the list
Supposedly and surprisingly, it is because he is less likely to leave his current gig and these are the reasons I’ve been given why the others are more likely.
Saban: Doesn’t believe he will win the NC next year with a new QB, prior to his current one, he had only one NC at Bama and it can be argued he’d have lost without the injury to Colt. Second reason is basically the same as the first, he has no where to go but down at Bama and can leave on top. Third, Saban has (apparently) privately expressed interest in a 5 year deal only, enough to turn around the culture in year one, get a large recruiting haul, and compete for a NC in his final two years possibly earning 50-60 million during the 5 year period. Fourth, he wants a new challenge and believes that complacency is death and views this as the reason he moves around a lot, not because he is a job jumper. He is interested in the new challenge and the best coaching job in CFB . . . .
in addition to the complete lack of logic or sense of this sentence, we also get a very clear example of Poe's law.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
i skimmed through the article and the second comment jumped out at me:

in addition to the complete lack of logic or sense of this sentence, we also get a very clear example of Poe's law.
My guess is that it isn't parody. I haven't met a Texas fan yet who didn't blame the loss on Colt's injury.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
As humorous as this would be if it pans out, I just can't get past the mind-numbing arrogance of the Texas fan base. It would suit me just fine for them to end up with some retread like Houston Nutt.
Oh yeah, the UTx fanbase is certainly arrogant, but with all of the cult like "Auburn Man" talk barners throw around, it would be way funnier if Gussy bolted at season's end. Auburn fans have a strongly held belief that everyone associated with their program is morally superior because they're at Auburn. They'll question their entire existence if this happens.

It could be so great!

tmv85

All-SEC
I'm just counting down the time till we see the first "Kirby to Aubarn ???" thread and the volume of worried posts therein.
There won't be any worried posts because this whole story was fabricated by Bama fans who don't think we can win outright on Saturday. We need to cause a distraction to the awbrin team, so somebody powerful enough got this story going.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Absolutely the most delusional article I have read this year. UTX is going to hire a HC who has less than 2 years HC experience and one of those was at Arkansas State. If I'm a barner I know I have nothing to worry about except beating Alabama this Saturday. The internet strikes again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.