Question: What will be the Bama playcalling to start the game?

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
If we win the toss I expect we will defer and kick to the Barn.

I expect a well scripted first posession by AU with Bama playing a similar defensive plan to the AM defense, containing the QB and forcing the game inside the tackles. Choke off the run and force the pass. I expect misdirection by run plays by AU on posession downs.

If the good guys can get a a punt on AU's first posession expect to see a dose of the run game with TJ and Drake, Norwood on posession downs and a long ball to OJ or one of the wide receivers for a td on our first posession.

If we get the first posession, I expect a similar posession to the one above.

I expect a Bama win 45 to 10.

RTR!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have a feeling that the barns first two series are going to be loaded with trick plays. I also think they will pretty much bull rush us on d. I think Our coaches are prepared for this. I think that 7 of the barn's few points will come in their first series or two and that we will stall on our first drive or two, but the game will ultimately be like the a and m game, but in this case, the barn won't score after the first quarter.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
If we win the toss I expect we will defer and kick to the Barn.

I expect a well scripted first posession by AU with Bama playing a similar defensive plan to the AM defense, containing the QB and forcing the game inside the tackles. Choke off the run and force the pass. I expect misdirection by run plays by AU on posession downs.

If the good guys can get a a punt on AU's first posession expect to see a dose of the run game with TJ and Drake, Norwood on posession downs and a long ball to OJ or one of the wide receivers for a td on our first posession.

If we get the first posession, I expect a similar posession to the one above.

I expect a Bama win 45 to 10.

RTR!
If we win the toss, I think we take the ball and pass them into a 7-0 hole pretty darn quick.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
You can bet your bottom dollar that auburn will be using their trickery like in the 09 game. I'm sure Bama will have its guard up to snuff out any trickery.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
if we win the toss, no way CNS defers. He wants the ball and a drive for 7 to quite the crowd. I think we run off left tackle, but I'd like to see a play action pass to OJ over the middle.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I agree, 7-0 hole and a touchback is about as great as a start as you can expect. If we force a three and out as well out could get ugly fast ..

I'm in the camp that expects lots of trick plays and going against tendencies in an attempt to make our defense play undisciplined.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope we've worked on two point play defense some this week. I think if the Barn scores first, they'll go for two.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I think we take the ball. I think our plays will be based on what the barn defense will try to do. If they are putting eight men up close to the line we are going to pass. Their secondary is not that good and our receivers are very good. I wouldn't mind if early in the game we went into some hunh offense. I think we will also attack their perimeter. After watching parts of the Barn/Ark game, I was surprised how well the hogs were able to run on them. If Ark had a decent QB I believe they could have won that game. They had wide open receivers that were missed numerous times.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Like most are saying, no way Coach Saban defers. We will want to get the ball and go up first. I expect us to be aggressive to try to get up and quiet the crowd down. Let's start early and never look back. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.