Question: What will be the Bama playcalling to start the game?

roltidejunky

Scout Team
Oct 22, 1999
Vicksburg, MS
McCarron will drop back and throw to norwood to start the game to gain 8 or more yards. 2nd play will be another throw, then the 3rd play will be a zone blocking rush to the right side of the field.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree we want the ball if we win the toss.

I expect to see us "pass to set up the run."

We'll do what Georgia did in the 4th quarter of the Barn/Ga. game when they made their comeback. The Barn defense has been exposed all year long but it was highlighted during that part of that game.

I too expect lots of wide receiver screens off the edges and a healthy dose of slants.

We want a FAST start...don't want to get down early and let their crowd start thinking they can win it! Right now the Barners are living in a make believe world of dreams and keep talking about their team being one of "destiny." Hope we show them that championships are made with work not luck and that there is no replacement for a championship defense!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I hope we would take the ball and try to start fast. Their only hope for pass defense is to disrupt the pocket. I expect a plan to counter that. I hope we don't go stubborn and try to run it against a stacked box just to try to prove we can. Get a lead and make them try to catch up. No false starts. Keep manageable down and distance and NO TURNOVERS.

Aubie can't beat us without our help. My Barn relatives predict a fumble each from Yeldon and Drake. In fact, they are counting on it.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Option 1. Yeldon off tackle left

Option 2. OJ across on a slant al la LSU. 4.4 TE strikes again
Personally, I would like for us to get the ball and return it for a TD on the kickoff. Then force the first of many three and outs against the barn. And our offense score at will. I would for all and intents and purposes like it to be over by mid way through the 2nd quarter. But that's just me. :biggrin2:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
We lose the toss, the Barn defers (thank you very much) AJ Bings them out with a 8 yard pass to Howard, then they get a full dose of Yeldon, with at least a 25 yard run, we score in less than 3 minutes with a pass to Norwood.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Personally, I would like for us to get the ball and return it for a TD on the kickoff. Then force the first of many three and outs against the barn. And our offense score at will. I would for all and intents and purposes like it to be over by mid way through the 2nd quarter. But that's just me. :biggrin2:
I don't look for 22 to touch the ball on kick-offs. I think most of Parkey's kicks go pretty deep.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Two plays: Yeldon off tackle. AJ play action pass. This will likely get us out to about our 40-45.
Then flea-flicker pass to Kenny Bell for opening TD and the barnies go quiet.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
It all depends on our field position that will determine our the play called. If we are between the 20-35 yard line, I look for Yeldon to get the ball. If we are between the 35-50, look for the play action pass. Personally, I'd like to see a WR screen.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I expect Auburn to throw the kitchen sink at us, but I would not be surprised to see one of those gimmick plays backfire. A halfback pass that hits a wide open Ha-Ha for a TD sounds good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.