Game Thread: Alabama vs. Drexel ESPN2 (including post game comments)

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
This all goes to the fact that we should have won the game in regulation. We did the one thing that you can't do in that situation is turn the ball over. As soon as the trap came a Timeout should have immediately been called. I have been a CAG supporter from the beginning, but I am not quite sure if he is the man for the job. To be honest though I am not sure who is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: Alabama vs. Drexel ESPN2

I tired of being out coached. We blew this game pure and simple. We had opportunities to win. We play like we don't want to be there in the 1st half. No excuse for this one. 2-3 with at least 4 more losses on the non conference slate. We may be playing our way out of the dance before the conference schedule begins again.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I love the effort these guys play w/ most of the time but what was going on in the first half? This team is frustrating beyond belief at times. Releford turns the ball over w/ .12 seconds left or we probably win the game then. No time out from Grant on the double team. Why? Cooper fouls on the 3 in overtime or they might have won then. Cannot get over the hump. Grant has probably over scheduled this team in the non conference- it is great to play these games if you have the team to win some of them. I am just not sure what the answer is for Bama hoops-love Coach Grant as a person and what he stands for. Just really question if we can get where we want to go here.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I love Coach Grant. I've been a supporter since Day 1 and I hope he can get things turned around this season. Honestly, though, how much longer do we give him? A year, two, three?

I highlighted some of our problems in the middle of this thread -- we don't have any shooters, we don't have legitimate bigs (although Nick Jacobs played out of his mind the past two games).
Now I know someone said we've addressed the "shooters" problems with this upcoming class, but I heard we did that when Lacey and Cooper signed several years ago and Lacey is not even on the team anymore, while Cooper continues to struggle and I don't see much improvement.

I'm going to continue to support the program and Coach Grant - I just hope we can get a streak going and win some games before this season isn't relevant anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.