Question: Will DJ Pettway be offered a scholarship at Bama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I also believe in second chances, ...but not at the same university.
He needs a fresh start, and we dont need that open wound. There are plenty of other great players who want to come to Bama.
I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm just saying people might need to get prepared for it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I think this is going to happen. Frankly, we need these types of athletes in the front seven. Stanford has created the blue print to stop the HUNH offense and it is based on penetration and getting those offenses behind the chains. Pass rushers are essential to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think a lot of people forget he was probably our best Dline player last year. He made the stop of the year when LSU was 3rd and 1 and ware for LSU took a direct snap, DJ shot the gap and stopped him dead in the backfield. We don't have a player like that this year, or a player that has performed like that on a consistent basis. His off the field actions were 100% disgusting and indefensible, but if he gets offered to get back on the team by CNS, that's good enough for me.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I think a lot of people forget he was probably our best Dline player last year. He made the stop of the year when LSU was 3rd and 1 and ware for LSU took a direct snap, DJ shot the gap and stopped him dead in the backfield. We don't have a player like that this year, or a player that has performed like that on a consistent basis. His off the field actions were 100% disgusting and indefensible, but if he gets offered to get back on the team by CNS, that's good enough for me.
Yes his actions were disgusting and indefensible. That's why I wouldn't want him back even if he is the next Reggie White. Alabama is better than that.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I believe we are beyond the point of needing any one player. If CNS takes him back, football won't be the only reason.
Yea, that is my point. If coach sees something in him, that the kid really wants to change, be an example and instrument of positive energy and focus on realization of that potential then I have no problem with him coming back. I am sure coach would not bring back just any thug that would repeat violent acts that have given the University a black eye in the past. This may be a mentorship challenge that the kid yearns for and the coach is willing to take on.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I said it at the time that of all the players involved in the incident, he was the one I was most shocked by. Comes from a very solid home. That being said, color me shocked if he comes back.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Does anyone know exactly what his role was in the events that took place that night?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Does anyone know exactly what his role was in the events that took place that night?

Enough to get him kicked off the team. Others have been involved in altercations and remained on the team..

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Enough to get him kicked off the team. Others have been involved in alterations and remained on the team..

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Who were they?

I'd like to have my pants taken in..........:biggrin2:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Per the talk this is starting to sound more and more like a done deal. Living all of my live near the Pensacola area I was happy to see DJ come to Alabama and equally as disappointed when he was caught up with the other players in that mess. As a local kid I want to give him a second chance but I can understand why others would rather not. For me it depends on his change of heart and how much he was really involved in that fiasco. I trust CNS enough that if he believes he has turned a positive corner in his life, that I am willing to give him a second chance too.

Let's just hope DJ doesn't make him pay for giving him another opportunity. If anything you would think he would have a lot more perspective on taking nothing for granted and working harder with this opportunity than ever before knowing that he nearly lost it.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I wonder if Jurran Reed's commitment will slow down the progress made with DJ Pettway? they are a similar build. Is DJ's cousin, A. Pettway, still an assist. coach for Grant and the basketball team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.