****Bama vs. The Barn - PostGame Thread****

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com
This one hurts for a lot of reasons. i felt both the play-calling and execution left something to be desired at times. The officiating was pathetic. And yet there were still multiple missed opportunities toward the end to put the game away and win. Then we lose on that last freakish play. And still...

2 in a row. 3 in 4 years. 72-8 since 2008. And every year during that time still in the National Championship conversation when the last regular season game kicked off (even with 2 losses in 2010). That's 6 years running. There will almost assuredly be no three-peat. There hasn't been one since the beginning of the AP Poll. We still have 15 National Championships. We have more AP Titles than any other team. We have more SEC Titles than any other team. Most bowl games played in. Most bowl games won. Most 10-win seasons. Most Iron Bowl wins. We lost this one and it always hurts a little more to lose this one - more so with history on the line. But we have a proud tradition and a strong team. Here's to finishing strong with a bowl victory. Here's to hoping against hope for BCS chaos and a rematch in Pasadena. What would be sweeter? Unlikely. Very unlikely. But how wild would that be? Roll Tide Roll!!
It is very possible it can happen again. But I do not see DUKE beating Florida St. But anything can happen. Ohio St to lose to Michigan ST. is very possible. And wow! Would it be possible Auburn & Alabama in the BCS? It can happen...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I also thought the refs sucked, both of the replays on the TD's were both TD's IMHO (even the barns). Still not sure what they were looking at.

Every team we'll face from here on out will try the HUNH on us. I also thought our adjustments at the half were WORSE than the 1st half (you wont hear me say that much with Saban here)

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Well, if this garbage had to happen, I'm glad it happened in auburn and NOT in Tuscaloosa. I would have snapped at the sight of barners rushing onto the field at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What do we do to stop this from happening again? Auburn returns most everyone I think. We have got to figure out how to slow down the HUNH.
You held them to 28 points. You held them to 28 points the year that they won the BCSCG. It's not like they are scoing 50 PPG on you. You still win the game easily if you make any one of 4 FGs or convert the 4th & 1 late in the game.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Why I think Saban did it

He didn't like our chances of stopping them in OT. They had our D gassed and would have scored. Didn't know if we could answer over and over. A fluke play on another streak of blind luck than no one could have predicted is how we lost. After mulling it over for a while, I understand the call. Doesn't make this loss any easier to take though. I am literally sick to my stomach.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
i noticed that one too. there were several odd spots i saw.
I hate when folks blame the refs in a loss, but, this time y'all have a legit argument..There was definitely some "Home Cooking" going on with those spots..

I just watched a replay of the kick & Griffith wasn't that far from making it..Coach Saban said Griffith has made that kick many times in practice, so I will still argue Coach Saban made the right call, just sucks he didn't get all of the ball when he booted it..Oh well..We will be back stronger than ever next year & will have a new QB that will start streak that hopefully rivals that of AJ's run at Bama..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Why I think Saban did it

I don't think he didn't like our chances in OT. With Bama we ALWAYS have a shot. We proved that after aTm.

The draw before the FG try told me Saban was willing to go to OT he was just trying to catch the barn slipping. When he had a shot for the FG he figured "what could go wrong?" and sure enough we found out. He thought just like most of us did at that point, if we miss we have a shot in OT and if he hits it he would look like a genius. I can understand that but not really the draw (if that makes sense).

To me he should have given Griffith a shot on the 4th and short to seal the game instead of putting him in to try a 57 yarder while cold.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hate when folks blame the refs in a loss, but, this time y'all have a legit argument..There was definitely some "Home Cooking" going on with those spots..

I just watched a replay of the kick & Griffith wasn't that far from making it..Coach Saban said Griffith has made that kick many times in practice, so I will still argue Coach Saban made the right call, just sucks he didn't get all of the ball when he booted it..Oh well..We will be back stronger than ever next year & will have a new QB that will start streak that hopefully rivals that of AJ's run at Bama..
yeah, we have no one to blame but ourselves, but i just hate bad spotting.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I don't agree with the "home cooking", but I do agree they were HORRIBLE! I thought both TD plays that were overturned were actually TD's on both sides. The wife said I was just saying that because the barn scored, but I said it because they flat out sucked. I still thought Mincy should have been tossed for throwing a punch even though it didn't matter much.

He should have kicked the fg and went up by ten before it ever came to that.
Yep Griffith should have attempted the game winner THEN if he wanted Griffith to kick.

This. Didn't see him in the second half.
Yep that one still makes me scratch my head. Just don't understand it.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

I honestly can't blame Saban for that FG attempt, I didn't think we had any chance in OT against them since we couldn't stop them.
Don't really get the whole "outcoached" business. Outmuscled? Sure. Outcoached? Not seeing it.
Our D was doing a good job of stopping them in the 4th qtr. We last stopped them on 4th and 1 on their 35, with a little over 8 minutes left in the game. We were up by 1 TD and moved it to their 13 before resuscitating them by turning it over on downs (3rd and 1, then 4th and 1) with 5:34 left. I realize that there was still some time and timeouts left for the barn, but someone please help me understand why we don't go for a chip shot FG to make it a 2 possession game, instead of going for it on 4th and 1, when we couldn't move the ball on the previous play of 3rd and 1. It could have been the one FG we needed tonight.

All in all it was a team loss, players and coaches, and probably a lot of us fans included.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I don't think he didn't like our chances in OT. With Bama we ALWAYS have a shot. We proved that after aTm.

The draw before the FG try told me Saban was willing to go to OT he was just trying to catch the barn slipping. When he had a shot for the FG he figured "what could go wrong?" and sure enough we found out. He thought just like most of us did at that point, if we miss we have a shot in OT and if he hits it he would look like a genius. I can understand that but not really the draw (if that makes sense).

To me he should have given Griffith a shot on the 4th and short to seal the game instead of putting him in to try a 57 yarder while cold.
thing is, we had a blocked FG returned for a td in the SecCG last year. that was the first thing that entered my mind when they put one second back on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.