****Bama vs. The Barn - PostGame Thread****

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We will have to agree to disagree..The game was there for us to win & our Players didn't execute..And Coach Saban will still recruit better than any HC in college football whether or not auburn wins the NC..Who brought in the #1 class the year auburn last won the NC..We did & we will do it again..
He was out coached and we were outplayed, it happens. We are Alabama and we will be back.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Man how bad was Chizik? Pretty impressive for Gus to turn this team around like that.

Next year will be a great revenge game in Tuscaloosa.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I don't think so, winner of the SEC CG goes to Sugar Bowl, they will not make the NCG. Only way a conference can have 2 is if one is in the NCG. I think well be in Orlando or the Cotton Bowl.
That is incorrect. Also if you are I. The top 4 of the BCS and aren't the conference champion you are guaranteed a BCS bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As Jess mentioned, Griffith comes in for the 35 yarder to put us up two scores or he doesn't come in at all. The fourth down call was a bad decision. Plenty of blame to go around between coaches and players, but it's not like it was only on execution.
I'm not going to argue about this, and it will be my last comment on it, Griffith had to have made that kick in practice before for Coach Saban to even give him the shot to make it & it didn't make it..It's only a bad call cause our Griffith didn't execute..Had Griffith made it..It would be a different story..

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Evan Williams Green label for me. How about y'all?

I might have to break out the scotch.
I'm breaking out what's left of the bottle of McAllan that I brought home with me from the suite I sat in at the barn when we beat them in '09.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not going to argue about this, and it will be my last comment on it, Griffith had to have made that kick in practice before for Coach Saban to even give him the shot to make it & it didn't make it..It's only a bad call cause our Griffith didn't execute..Had Griffith made it..It would be a different story..
If he had THAT MUCH confidence in Griffith he should have had him kick a game winner when we ran the same play TWICE to turn it over on downs...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Long ride home after that one. I have so much on my mind. I was baffled by the last five minutes of both halves. Especially at the end of the game. There will be a lot of players upset with themselves for lack of execution, but I can't help feeling like the coaches need to look in the mirror too. The decision to kick a FG at the end was the worst I've ever seen. I feared a block and run back, but despite dodging that bullet, we still managed to allow the return.

I don't believe I've ever been more disappointed as a Tide fan. Just heartbroken. But I know those players are feeling a thousand times worse. I don't believe anyone understands the pressure they were under. It's extremely difficult to be in the position they were in. The season still isn't over but I want to thank the seniors and I wish them all the very best.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Guys, let's not turn on our own here. Ask yourself this: even after this game, who would you rather have coaching your team? Malzahn or Saban? There's no contest. Gus made some questionable calls himself in this game. Very few coaches or teams win 100% of the games they play. A good team picks itself up from their mistakes and builds off them though. Yes, it sucks that we lost THAT way to THAT team, but let's not pretend that it somehow makes our coaching or players bad. They're not. They've given us a boatload of wins and put us back on the map of collegiate football. We'll be in good shape and be back in the hunt next year and, with any luck, for a number of years to come. Heck, maybe we'll have some bedlam again and the chips will fall our way.

Either way...Roll Tide!

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
I really hurt for our seniors. I really wanted AJ to have the chance to win this game on his shoulders but I felt we were a bit conservative. He deserves better than this loss.

Hard to win with so many penalties, dropped passes and kicking game mistakes.

Last edited:

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
If it helps, we are West Division co-champions.
Alabama and Auburn are each 7-1 in SEC play, with Auburn owning the tie-breaker.

1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2002*, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013*
* Did not represent the West in the SEC CG.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
He was out coached and we were outplayed, it happens. We are Alabama and we will be back.
I must say, with regard to going for it instead of a FG, I have grimaced many times at being too conservative... Now I get it. I do not fault him, though. Special Teams left 9 on the field and we should be able to get a yard.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If he had THAT MUCH confidence in Griffith he should have had him kick a game winner when we ran the same play TWICE to turn it over on downs...
True..I dunno man..All I'm saying is the game was there for us to win & auburn simply outplayed us..And yeah they out-coached us too..The loss sucks no doubt..

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Thats what I was referring to. If Griffith was good, why not put him in for an attempt after Foster missed his third. We decided to try and run instead. That's where I think our coaches made the biggest mistake. I do think more blame would go to our lack of execution though than to play calling in general.

CrimsonTider-n-SC

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 3, 2004
For those who are conceeding any shot of a National Title... Stranger things have happened.

1. If Mizzou loses tonight and Clemson loses tonight we will be no worse than 4th.
2. If Michigan St beats tOSU then we move to #3.
3. If USCe beats *U then we are sitting back at #2.
4. We don't have to rely on Duke and the AG.

Maybe I'm crazy to think this is even a possibility but I just watched lightening strike twice for *U.

Also, for anyone rooting for *U to win the title to represt the SEC it does not help us to watch them win a title. They sure wouldn't be pulling for us if we had won.

hoopscoach

Dec 23, 2012
The game was not well played or well coached. The two are not mutually exclusive. Bottom line, it was a bad day to have a bad game. Tomorrow morning CNS will be back to the grind focusing on the next task which I suspect will be recruiting and planning for next season. Yes there is still a bowl game to be played, but the focus will now be on preparation for 2014. The loss hurts, but things must be kept in perspective.

BamaRevT

1st Team
Apr 10, 2002
Fayetteville, Tn.
Were you watching the same game we did ? Penalties , miised field goals, dropped passes for td's. With all respect to you; we played poorly many times. Hard pill to swallow when you lose like this.
For real it is not like Auburn Undefeated we are both 11-1. But yes Auburn beat us. I do not think we played like crap other wise the score be different. The holding call that cost us the game. I think we deserve the Sugar Bowl. MIzzou loses be 2 loses. Why should we go to the Capital One or Cotton Bowl be unfair. But since Fresno lost we may get in in the Sugar Bowl & may face Northern Illinois

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.