We got whooped

Rtringadsden

3rd Team
Oct 17, 2011
Alabama didn't get whooped. Yes, they got beat, but a series of unfortunate events conspired against them. There's no other way to put it. This happens, close football games can let things creep in and radically change the outcome and we clearly saw that. A flinch, something usually missed that takes away a field goal. A dropped pass, a foot that's barely down, a team that forgets to get into position on a rare scenario... whopped though? That didn't happen.
What game did you watch? The oline and dline got wooped all night. Go watch the game agian and get back to me.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
That's the thing that kills me. We didn't get beat, we beat ourselves. We outplayed Auburn most of the game, but we couldn't finish it. There is no way that Cade misses 3 field goals in a normal game. There is no way that we get that many penalties, there is no way that we have so little faith in our kicker that we go for it on 4th down in the redzone which would have put it out of reach. There is especially no way that we go for a BS field goal attempt that has a 0% chance of succeeding. We did get out coached, but we didn't get outplayed. That was the most gut-wrenching finish I've ever seen though.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Whoever said our D did not play well enough to win is crazy. Our offense and special teams cost us that game. Not our D

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
Hahaha, no offense, dude, but we have won three of the last four titles. We have played several spread teams this year and have rarely been challenged. The rules have been put in place to favor the offense so much that defensive football has to be played perfectly.
Point taken, but understand the games getting faster. If you don't adjust then you will get left behind. I respect Saban's defense but you gotta tweak it in order to stay relevant. The spread with an athletic QB gives his defense fits.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm not going to argue with posters here, but I think I'm seeing some overreacting in general.

The mere fact that any one of several scenarios, several plays just had to go a tiny bit different in order for Alabama to win, shows something. The truth is Alabama was about as close to blowing Auburn out as they were to losing that game. A few crucial things just went the other way, a drop, a field goal called off, a failed fourth down conversion, the truth is no team can sustain a series of things like that and still win consistently.

Alabama out-gained Auburn by 100 yards. Sometimes you just have bad luck...

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I am concerned that this is the beginning of another losing streak to the barn. Maybe not 6 in a row, but they could take the next 3 or 4.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
We didnt get whooped, we got in our own way. Missed field goals, failing at 4th down rather than try a field goal, dropped passes, blown assignments on defense. We just didnt play well enough to overcome our own mistakes (not to mention the refs going against us in the4th and missing all the barner OL down the field on a td). The barn was nearly perfect and still needed a few miracles and blown calls to beat us.

I hope our team responds the same way the last time that cow college beat us.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Horrible play calling.....must admit it though. Saban's defense can't handle the spread. He hasn't adjusted his recruiting to deal with the speed. The game has changed, to a more up tempo pace. If he doesn't adjust we will be constantly playing under duress.
We have won 3 out of the last 4 national titles. I will take that defensive philosophy any day over caving to the Big 8,12 or whatever they are called now out in the mid west. If we cave to that kind of defensive thought process, we will be no better than the Oklahomas of the country.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I agree. We made too many mistakes and the barn capitalized on them. They came to play and we didn't. This one doesn't hurt as bad as 2010, but it's extremely disappointing. We were on the cusp and oh so close to probably being the most highly regarded college football dynasty of all time. You know that has to really be eating away at Coach Saban--he knows he probably will never get this opportunity again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
We have won 3 out of the last 4 national titles. I will take that defensive philosophy any day over caving to the Big 8,12 or whatever they are called now out in the mid west. If we cave to that kind of defensive thought process, we will be no better than the Oklahomas of the country.
I'm not bashing...just stating my opinion. If you look at what he's recruiting, he knows it as well. However, scheme has to be tweaked in order to contain the fast pace. If change doesn't come Auburn could have a run, just like Bama.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Remember to be good to the kids....don't be insulting to the players
I agree but I think saying we didn't execute is not insulting to the players. I think the coaching was good except for not trying the field goal earlier. Otherwise, Auburn just played better today. Nothing to be ashamed about to that. I'm a Tide fan forever and I hope Nick Saban coaches here forever :)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I'm not bashing...just stating my opinion. If you look at what he's recruiting, he knows it as well. However, scheme has to be tweaked in order to contain the fast pace. If change doesn't come Auburn could have a run, just like Bama.
I still think we're doing things the right way. No way I even begin to question CNS at this point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that you need to change your mood from "cool" to "paranoid". :wink:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.