We got whooped

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
There is no better way to say it. We just got whooped. We left too many points on the field and just did not play that well. Auburn played great. Very few mistakes. They deserved the win. Congrats. I'll see you guys at the Outback Bowl.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
We just had so many penalties...
I'm not terribly disappointed. I thought at the beginning of the season we would lose a couple, just not lose at the end like this. This season we have not been nearly as dominating as the press had indicated and I've thought the same all year. Oh well, not sure who to cheer for next week.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm not terribly disappointed. I thought at the beginning of the season we would lose a couple, just not lose at the end like this. This season we have not been nearly as dominating as the press had indicated and I've thought the same all year. Oh well, not sure who to cheer for next week.
Cheer for Duke, Cheer for USCe

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
Horrible play calling.....must admit it though. Saban's defense can't handle the spread. He hasn't adjusted his recruiting to deal with the speed. The game has changed, to a more up tempo pace. If he doesn't adjust we will be constantly playing under duress.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
It will be hard for them to win next week, It was just not meant to be for us, can't believe we let it get away, why not throw the ball when we had it deep TJ can't get the hard yards.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
i just wish it wasn't auburn. why did it have to auburn to spoil our season? great job on a great season seniors! i hope to destroy the boogs next year!

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
i just wish it wasn't auburn. why did it have to auburn to spoil our season? great job on a great season seniors! i hope to destroy the boogs next year!
Auburn will be even better next year.....they are extremely young and talented.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Horrible play calling.....must admit it though. Saban's defense can't handle the spread. He hasn't adjusted his recruiting to deal with the speed. The game has changed, to a more up tempo pace. If he doesn't adjust we will be constantly playing under duress.
Hahaha, no offense, dude, but we have won three of the last four titles. We have played several spread teams this year and have rarely been challenged. The rules have been put in place to favor the offense so much that defensive football has to be played perfectly.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
There is no better way to say it. We just got whooped. We left too many points on the field and just did not play that well. Auburn played great. Very few mistakes. They deserved the win. Congrats. I'll see you guys at the Outback Bowl.

I have to agree, we were outplayed, made too many mental and physical mistakes, kicking game killed us and too many blown coverages. The best team does not always win but the best team on that particular day does. Auburn was the better team today.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
tough to play sloppy for a month then suddenly just play mistake-free.

holding call (and it certainly was a holding although didn't need to be) was a crusher and they never rebounded. had a tough time on 3rd and 1-2 all season and it just cost a shot at a national title

congrats to the barn. obviously go the four leaf clover stuck up their ....

dang

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama didn't get whooped. Yes, they got beat, but a series of unfortunate events conspired against them. There's no other way to put it. This happens, close football games can let things creep in and radically change the outcome and we clearly saw that. A flinch, something usually missed that takes away a field goal. A dropped pass, a foot that's barely down, a team that forgets to get into position on a rare scenario... whopped though? That didn't happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.