What Bowl Game Will We Get

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There are several possibilities I've seen floating around on FB. One would have Bama vs. FSU. The other would have Bama vs. AU.

It's too complicated to type, but stranger things have happened!

statgrad96

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2008
Err no. They tend to keep teams from the big conferences from playing each other. Would kind of take away from the Iron Bowl.
Actually, I am hearing that the Sugar would love to rematch UA and AU as it would absolutely pack New Orleans. Rose wants Big-10/Pac-10 and Fiesta has made overtures already to Oregon/Okie St.

Sugar picks in front of Orange, who is expected to pick Clemson, due to relation with ACC. It is possible a rematch happens...

That being said, I don't know if the ol' ticker can take it...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Actually, I am hearing that the Sugar would love to rematch UA and AU as it would absolutely pack New Orleans. Rose wants Big-10/Pac-10 and Fiesta has made overtures already to Oregon/Okie St.

Sugar picks in front of Orange, who is expected to pick Clemson, due to relation with ACC. It is possible a rematch happens...

That being said, I don't know if the ol' ticker can take it...

Um. No thank you. I would rather not play them again this year, unless it was for the National Championship. Once is enough....

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Orange gets 1st at large pick, Sugar gets second and Fiesta gets the last one.

That said, I see the following Bowl possibilities:

Brad Edwards just said BAMA will be 4 or 5 tomorrow. FSU, OSU, AU top 3, BAMA or MIZ 4 and the other is #5. BAMA will be #4 at worst after next weekend which guarantees BAMA a BCS bowl.

BCSCG: FSU, OSU both lose we play the SECCG winner
Sugar: SECCG Winner goes to Pasadena VS OSU or FSU
ROSE: SECCG Winner finished outside top 2 & If OSU beats Mich St and Mich St falls out of top 14
ORANGE: If SECCG Winner goes to Sugar and Mich St beats OSU or OSU beats MSU but, MSU stays in top 14.
Fiesta: If Orange passes BAMA with at large pick in favor of probably Oregon.

I can hear the Aubies now if MIZZOU were to beat Auburn and BAMA got a BCS Bowl and they didn't....

hoopscoach

Dec 23, 2012
I think that it is possible we end up in the Rose Bowl. It really comes down to who the Orange Bowl chooses with their replacement pick, Clemson or Alabama. After that the Rose would get the next replacement pick. A Michigan State loss should drop them out of the top 14 and therefore BCS ineligible.

All of this speculation is meaningless if OSU loses to MSU because then MSU is in Rose Bowl regardless. The question of where we end up would then depend on SEC Championship game. An Auburn win puts them in the NC in this scenario and us into the Sugar. A Missouri win could get interesting. Bama could be ahead of Missouri in BCS standings as unpopular as that would be, there is no League champion provision. If Missouri were ahead of Bama, then the Sugar choice would be between Bama & Auburn. That decision would come down to who would sell the most tickets and since only two can be selected from the same conference, either Bama or Auburn would be playing outside the BCS.

To sum it up, OSU win/Mizzouri win is a boom or bust scenario for Bama. We are either in BCS title or maybe out of BCS all together. A OSU win and we will land in either Orange or Rose Bowl.

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com
Orange gets 1st at large pick, Sugar gets second and Fiesta gets the last one.

That said, I see the following Bowl possibilities:

Brad Edwards just said BAMA will be 4 or 5 tomorrow. FSU, OSU, AU top 3, BAMA or MIZ 4 and the other is #5. BAMA will be #4 at worst after next weekend which guarantees BAMA a BCS bowl.

BCSCG: FSU, OSU both lose we play the SECCG winner
Sugar: SECCG Winner goes to Pasadena VS OSU or FSU
ROSE: SECCG Winner finished outside top 2 & If OSU beats Mich St and Mich St falls out of top 14
ORANGE: If SECCG Winner goes to Sugar and Mich St beats OSU or OSU beats MSU but, MSU stays in top 14.
Fiesta: If Orange passes BAMA with at large pick in favor of probably Oregon.

I can hear the Aubies now if MIZZOU were to beat Auburn and BAMA got a BCS Bowl and they didn't....
***** Oh,my! If Mizzou was to win would be true because Auburn would have 2 loses. Auburn fans would have a come apart! Now since Clemson lost hmmmmmmmm........

hoopscoach

Dec 23, 2012
If they think Clemson will sell more tickets, they will choose them over Bama. Remember that Orange is the ACC home bowl, I would have to imagine that the conference has certain corporate ties to the bowl that could provide $$$ "motivation". The Rose Bowl is different, it sells out every year regardless of participants.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Wherever we go, I hope CNS motivates our guys to want to go.
I still remember loosing to Utah, when our guys didn't want to be there... It was awful.

I had much rather our team be mad about not beating Auburn, and take it out on some poor Bowl team.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
Wherever we go, I hope CNS motivates our guys to want to go.
I still remember loosing to Utah, when our guys didn't want to be there... It was awful.

I had much rather our team be mad about not beating Auburn, and take it out on some poor Bowl team.
Remember what happened after the 2010 loss. We absolutely mauled Mich State in the bowl game

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
If they think Clemson will sell more tickets, they will choose them over Bama. Remember that Orange is the ACC home bowl, I would have to imagine that the conference has certain corporate ties to the bowl that could provide $$$ "motivation". The Rose Bowl is different, it sells out every year regardless of participants.
Yep, ACC could try and push Orange to take Clemson. What I find interesting is several including Jerry Palm have a 8-4 aTm in the Capital One Bowl, apparently they want them bad. As does Cotton wanting LSU and OB wanting SC. However, I can't see the SEC allowing MIZ/AU to drop all the way to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. I remember last year when the Cotton wanted aTm The Outback and Capital One were 'arm twisted' so one had to take Georgia. I understand Cap 1 gets first pick of non BCS bowls but, one would think SEC would at least strong arm Cotton to take the MIZ-AU loser.

hoopscoach

Dec 23, 2012
Yep, ACC could try and push Orange to take Clemson. What I find interesting is several including Jerry Palm have a 8-4 aTm in the Capital One Bowl, apparently they want them bad. As does Cotton wanting LSU and OB wanting SC. However, I can't see the SEC allowing MIZ/AU to drop all the way to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. I remember last year when the Cotton wanted aTm The Outback and Capital One were 'arm twisted' so one had to take Georgia. I understand Cap 1 gets first pick of non BCS bowls but, one would think SEC would at least strong arm Cotton to take the MIZ-AU loser.
I could see Mizzouri/Auburn winner in Sugar, loser in Capital 1. How about Cotton Bowl making their #2 Big12 selection Texas and matching them against A&M. Jerry Jones Stadium would be standing room only!

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
Remember what happened after the 2010 loss. We absolutely mauled Mich State in the bowl game
but we weren't #1 in the country with a national title in our own hands. the Utah game is a better representation of what can happen when you don't recover from a brutal loss before a month layoff

it'll be a heck of a coaching job to get them 100% focused on playing Iowa when they know they should be playing FSU

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.