What happens if Mizzou loses tonight and then...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The past few times we lost I was ALWAYS was on here saying we had a chance to get back in. Not this time. We will NOT win 3 in a row. That dream is gone.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama would go, IMO. Your loss, coming the way that it did, gives you the nod in the human polls.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SC beats Auburn and Mich St beats Ohio St? Who plays FSU for the title? Us or Ok St?
First, no one is beating Auburn. Just hope they don't get to the BCSCG, because they will win it.

To the substance of your question, OU would really need to beat OSU. And then you have to hope this loss doesn't give the pollsters the excuse they need to drop Alabama way down the list. SEC fatigue is real.

On a side note, the really interesting question is whether Alabama is going to fall below Missouri in the BCS even if Missouri wins out. Talk about someone having a legit gripe.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
First, no one is beating Auburn. Just hope they don't get to the BCSCG, because they will win it.

To the substance of your question, OU would really need to beat OSU. And then you have to hope this loss doesn't give the pollsters the excuse they need to drop Alabama way down the list. SEC fatigue is real.

On a side note, the really interesting question is whether Alabama is going to fall below Missouri in the BCS even if Missouri wins out. Talk about someone having a legit gripe.
Yeah with their luck this year if they face FSU Winston will be charged on January 6 at 3PM.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I was really pulling for Georgia against Auburn, and not just because I dislike Auburn. I wanted to give Alabama the maximum margin for error.

Had Auburn lost to Georgia, it's unlikely that they would have been as up for this game, and even if they won, Alabama would still have been headed to the SECCG. Hypothetically, a victory over a one loss Missouri could have also helped Alabama rebound in the computers and the polls.

As it is now, Alabama has a real problem with the computers. Their SoS is going to go up, but the loss will still put them close to some other one loss teams with not much of a chance to improve their standing. It's possible, if Ohio St., Auburn, and Missouri all lose, Alabama's right back in the hunt. But, it's a long, long shot and probably the longest one yet out of the past few years.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I was really pulling for Georgia against Auburn, and not just because I dislike Auburn. I wanted to give Alabama the maximum margin for error.

Had Auburn lost to Georgia, it's unlikely that they would have been as up for this game, and even if they won, Alabama would still have been headed to the SECCG. Hypothetically, a victory over a one loss Missouri could have also helped Alabama rebound in the computers and the polls.

As it is now, Alabama has a real problem with the computers. Their SoS is going to go up, but the loss will still put them close to some other one loss teams with not much of a chance to improve their standing. It's possible, if Ohio St., Auburn, and Missouri all lose, Alabama's right back in the hunt. But, it's a long, long shot and probably the longest one yet out of the past few years.
Yep - needing 3 teams to lose in the span of 1 week plus 1 game is the longest of long shots...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yep - needing 3 teams to lose in the span of 1 week plus 1 game is the longest of long shots...
Meh - aTm is winning right now and playing well. MSU's defense is no joke - they are SEC good. Auburn losing to USCe is the longest shot.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Alabama would go, IMO. Your loss, coming the way that it did, gives you the nod in the human polls.
I agree. Assuming Mizzou wins tonight, We should end up around 5th or 6th behind FSU, OSU, Auburn, Mizzou, and maybe Clemson but definitely ahead of Okie State.

We need to pull for aTm and USCe tonight in order to send USCe to the SECCG and hold off Clemson. We need to pull for at least two of Duke, Michigan State, and USCe to win next week in order to drop two of FSU, OSU and/or Auburn respectively.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I mean, I think we will be four. I could be wrong, but I think we will. If Mizzou beats Auburn and Michigan St beats Ohio St, we certainly would have an argument after losing in a rivalry game, away from home, in the way we did.
You will not go ahead of Mizzou if they beat Auburn. You need USCe to beat Auburn.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
You are way overreacting. This Auburn team is good, but not great. Georgia should have beat them. We should have beat them. And their luck can't last forever. Someone can beat them.
The only team out-of-conference with any shot to do it is FSU. Now comes the question of luck, Jameis Winston and a rape charge. If you want me to lay odds here...

To beat AU, you must have a disciplined defense and enough offensive firepower to stay ahead of them. Ohio State fails the defensive test miserably. They're ranked 6th in rush defense coming into this week, but the best team they played this year was Michigan, who they beat 42-41 while allowing 603 yards of total offense including 150-plus on the ground. Auburn would beat Ohio State by 3 touchdowns.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Clemson is losing to USC right now. It would be preferable if Mizzou beat a&m and then USCe took out Auburn.
If a 1 loss Mizzou team wins out, with wins over aTm tonight and Auburn next week, Alabama will not finish ahead of them in the polls.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Too much wishing in here for us to get another shot at the BSCNCG. Ain't gonna happen. That would be a bigger miracle than the aubies have pulled off the past two games. SICKENING!!!!!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I mean, I think we will be four. I could be wrong, but I think we will. If Mizzou beats Auburn and Michigan St beats Ohio St, we certainly would have an argument after losing in a rivalry game, away from home, in the way we did.
I think four sounds about right. Alabama lost to the #4 team on the road, on the last play of the game, it makes sense that they basically swap places with them.

The problem is working against computers. I'd actually be ok, knowing the chances are not great, but it was possible, had Alabama been going to the SECCG. Auburn would be out of the picture, and Alabama would have gotten a nice bump in the computers from the SECCG. So, they would have the highest SoS of a one loss team, and basically they'd just have to win their game, and hope Ohio St. (who nearly did this week), or FSU trip up. Those odds wouldn't sound so bad.

But, Missouri winning tonight and then needing to beat Auburn, that scenario would really, really hurt in the computers. Missouri's SoS is already higher than Alabama's and would be quite a bit higher after the SECCG. The pollsters would also respond to Missouri's win and there's a real risk that they'd climb up past Alabama. Missouri needs to lose tonight for Alabama to have a legitimate chance as I see it, and that's just the first piece.

Too much wishing in here for us to get another shot at the BSCNCG. Ain't gonna happen. That would be a bigger miracle than the aubies have pulled off the past two games. SICKENING!!!!!
Just the same, I'm hoping Johnny goes out and wins a Heisman tonight.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You have to keep pulling for your team and hoping for the best. Sometimes pulling for your team means pulling for other teams.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
We need SCar to beat Clemson and A&M to beat Mizzou tonight. Then SCar to beat Aub and MichSt to beat OhioSt next weekend. It is a must that A&M beats Mizzou tonight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.