What does the future hold?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
No AJ, No CJ, no HaHa, Lineman losses, etc.

I don't mean to sound too negative , I'm just curious how we'll look next year and when we should be in position to win it all again.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
We lost more (and better) OL off last years team. Losing AJ and CJ is going to be the hardest spots to fill from a leadership standpoint, but I think we'll be fine. We've recruited well and have lost major players/ leaders before. Our leaders from 2011 and 2012 were players who felt the sting of 2010. I'm hoping our players respond similarly, but it really depends on how our current young leaders respond.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Because our recruiting has been so outstanding, I believe the future is bright. Not sure what will happen at QB next year, but I trust Saban to have the right person leading our offense.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
We are bringing in several top recruiting classes in a row,so there will be no shortage of talent. No one is better than Saban to recruiting to needs, and none of the losses we will have will be unexpected. We'll be fine. We will also be bringing back the top coach in the nation, and probably still the top coaching staff. We may have a slight regression from the past couple of years, but we will be fine.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Honestly I didn't think we would be this far in contention THIS year. I say in two years we'll be competing for another title unless the new QB really surprises us. The defense should be better next year even though we probably lose HaHa and C.J., but if we get someone like Marlon Humphrey in recruiting (I still think he steps in day one and starts) and Sunseri coming back we'll be pretty dang good with the recruits coming in. I think it all hinges on the QB IMHO.

We definitely ain't going anywhere. As long as Saban is at Bama we will be a top 5/10 team EVERY year.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama had no business being in the title hunt the past two seasons. You shouldn't be able to lose that many quality players and still compete at that level. Next year looks a lot like a rebuilding year, but who knows? We'll just have to wait and see...

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
i doubt there will be a shortage of talent. qb will be critical, we have some real good high school kids coming in, but experience will take time. unless, you are these hurry up schemes like texas a&m or auburn. leaders will be key on both sides of the ball. our coaches will be quite busy next year. i do know we have a lot of problems defending these hurry up teams, with new qbs ready to go. i do think the miss st game helped defend us early, and we did not open our advantages passing against a poor secondary soon enough.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Losing experienced starters always hurts, but I expect we'll be in the hunt, no matter - we have great coaches, great players, great support staff, etc...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They way that you have recruited, and with your coaching staff - Next man up.

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
We went through this 3 or 4 times since CNS got here. We'll be fine.

I just want to know who our next QB is...and how much guts and playmaking ability he has.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
No AJ, No CJ, no HaHa, Lineman losses, etc.

I don't mean to sound too negative , I'm just curious how we'll look next year and when we should be in position to win it all again.
really doesn't matter if we don't put the game in their hands. By that I mean AJ.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Honestly I didn't think we would be this far in contention THIS year. I say in two years we'll be competing for another title unless the new QB really surprises us. The defense should be better next year even though we probably lose HaHa and C.J., but if we get someone like Marlon Humphrey in recruiting (I still think he steps in day one and starts) and Sunseri coming back we'll be pretty dang good with the recruits coming in. I think it all hinges on the QB IMHO.

We definitely ain't going anywhere. As long as Saban is at Bama we will be a top 5/10 team EVERY year.
I think you nailed it.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We still have some serious talent. It's up to them now. Time to buy in and start again. Think about the 2010 team. To me it was one of the most talented we had. Look at what those 3 losses did. Remember what they did to Michigan St. ? Hope this groups comes together and sets that kind of example and foundation for next year.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Amen, brother ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.