What we now NEED - and other possibilities (game results)

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
Ok, we lost a heartbreaker to #4 auburn. Below is what we now need to happen.
  • Texas a&m to beat mizzu tonight
  • Gamecocks to beat the barn next week
  • Gamecocks to beat Clemson tonight
  • Duke (fat chance) to beat FSU or MSU to beat OSU (could happen)
That would leave a 1 loss Bama a 1 loss Ok State a 1 loss MSU and a 1 loss Baylor. Ok.Sate lost to West Virginia (like Iowa State last year this is a terrible loss). Baylor lost to Ok. State (a ranked team who lost to WV). Oklahoma and Texas could end the discussion of these two by beating both of them next week.....:) Bama and MSU would fight for the spot and I think we have played a much tougher schedule.
I guess we need to see where we fall in the BCS but just like me never leaving a game early I am not going to leave this season early. There is a lot of football to be played. Keep you heads up and Roll Tide...:)

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Re: What we now NEED (game results)

I appreciate your thought process, but NOT gonna happen. The voters will never allow Bama a second chance for the third year in a row. Forget about it.

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL

At worst, we're #4 tomorrow. It's likely we'll drop to #3 and Auburn will remain at #4, though.
That's not just me...

The voters can and will give Bama a second chance again (again again) because they know they're still one of the best out there.

All we really need to happen is something like this:

If we're #4, we need two of the top 3 teams to lose next Saturday to be guaranteed a spot in the BCSCG. Very possible.
If we're #3, we need one team (preferably two) to get a spot in the BCSCG. Depends on the voters if it's only one team losing, though, but I'm betting we'd make it in.
The latter option is what I am hoping for. It's extremely likely MSU will beat tOSU. If they do and we're #3, we're in. If we're #4, we still need either Auburn or FSU to lose. Very possible.

The good thing about those scenarios is that no one would really argue that we didn't deserve it. If who I say could lose loses, then there's no dispute, really.

P.S. I can hope, right? No reason to give up. Haven't given up for two years straight and I haven't been disappointed.

Don't give up!

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

Sorry, but there's no way we stay above Auburn. Not going to happen. I think the standings will look like this:
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Missouri
5. Alabama
6. Oklahoma State
7. Stanford
8. Baylor
9. South Carolina
10. Michigan State

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The problem now is we needed aTm to beat mizzou tonight and then USC to beat AU in Atlanta. Mizzou won tonight so if they beat AU then I would think they would jump us. I know it's possible but I really don't see us getting in this year.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

The only way we get back in is for AU to win out & FSU & OSU to get beat next week. This might force a rematch situation but doubtful. So, yeah this year is over. The bowl practice will be great for our young players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL

The problem now is we needed aTm to beat mizzou tonight and then USC to beat AU in Atlanta. Mizzou won tonight so if they beat AU then I would think they would jump us. I know it's possible but I really don't see us getting in this year.
This is correct. The Aub-Mizzou winner will be #3 after next week, or #2 if MSU knocks off OSU. Bama will be ranked no higher than 3 when all the dust settles and probably will be 4. At least that guarantees a BCS bowl trip, though it's regrettable that whether we end up in the Rose, Sugar, or Orange bowl, it will seem like am unwanted consolation prize. Like 2008 Sugar Bowl against Utah all over again.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Sorry, but there's no way we stay above Auburn. Not going to happen. I think the standings will look like this:
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Missouri
5. Alabama
6. Oklahoma State

7. Stanford
8. Baylor
9. South Carolina
10. Michigan State
I agree with you on the top 6. I'm not even going to look lower than that.

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL

That's absurd. A #1 team is not going to fall to #5 after losing a game to #4 with 0:01 left on the clock.

There's no logic to that.

We'll be #3 or #4 tomorrow. Trust me.
Next week, even if Auburn wins, we can stay ahead of them in the BCS if the human voters like us enough (and they do).

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.

That's absurd. A #1 team is not going to fall to #5 after losing a game to #4 with 0:01 left on the clock.

There's no logic to that.

We'll be #3 or #4 tomorrow. Trust me.
Next week, even if Auburn wins, we can stay ahead of them in the BCS if the human voters like us enough (and they do).
Really? So it's logical to be ranked ahead of the one loss team that gave you your one loss? IMO....I see us at #5, ranked behind the 2 one loss teams that are playing for the SEC championship.

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL

Really? So it's logical to be ranked ahead of the one loss team that gave you your one loss? IMO....I see us at #5, ranked behind the 2 one loss teams that are playing for the SEC championship.
There may not be much logic to staying ahead of Auburn, but there's no logic to Mizzou jumping Bama, either.
I said we may be #3 because Auburn has a lot of ground to cover in the BCS. It depends on the voters now.

You can be sure a good percent of voters were watching the Iron Bowl. They saw what happened. There was no clear winner of that game. It needed to go into overtime if we were going to determine one.

#4 or #3. Not out of it yet at all.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama

It wouldn't be logical for the voters to put us ahead of AU. Regardless of how they beat us- if you continue to attempt to give the game away- the other team will eventually oblige. That happened and consequently ended our season and brightened theirs. No way to sugarcoat this wonderful gift we gave our rivals- Merry Christmas AU- you couldn't have done it by yourself!

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois

Really? So it's logical to be ranked ahead of the one loss team that gave you your one loss?
There isn't any logic in it... but explain how Louisville LOST to UCF (who's only loss is to USCe late in the 4th qtr) and until last week Louisville has been ranked ahead of UCF in the polls? SO as absurd as it may be... it may be possible.

Mizzou beat aubbie, MSU beat tOSU, and Jameis get arrested... and we are playing in the BCSNG.... not THAT much of stretch compared to everyone saying it isn't even an option if we lost

-CLINT

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.