What we now NEED - and other possibilities (game results)

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Re: What we now NEED (game results)

There may not be much logic to staying ahead of Auburn, but there's no logic to Mizzou jumping Bama, either.
I said we may be #3 because Auburn has a lot of ground to cover in the BCS. It depends on the voters now.

You can be sure a good percent of voters were watching the Iron Bowl. They saw what happened. There was no clear winner of that game. It needed to go into overtime if we were going to determine one.

#4 or #3. Not out of it yet at all.
I can agree with you on Mizzou....but I think with them winning the east, it will sway some of the voters their way. I think playing in the SECCG helps them alot.

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch

The problem now is we needed aTm to beat mizzou tonight and then USC to beat AU in Atlanta. Mizzou won tonight so if they beat AU then I would think they would jump us. I know it's possible but I really don't see us getting in this year.
Wish it were next year. We would be in hands down, which actually makes me second guess the new system coming out next yr.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama

What we all need is a group hug....... Quit "wishin and hopin". We got a lot of breaks after a loss the last 2 years, it is time to pull ourselves up off the mat and face it.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006

I don't think we're on the mat. Would you rather have enjoy a single epic win like the barn, or the long-term dynastic success of the CNS era as a Bama fan? What a great season - and it's not even over!

I'm looking ahead to fully support our team the final chapter of the season, then the excitement of yet another stellar recruiting class, and perhaps another unexpected NC run in the next "rebuilding year" - 2014.

Life is good! ROLL TIDE ROLL!

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla

We definitely have a lot to be thankful for and this is truly a great time to be an Alabama Fan as great moments are still to come. I would rather lose the game and wake up an Alabama Fan than to be a fan of any other team because it is who I am! Roll Tide Roll!

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

What we all need is a group hug....... Quit "wishin and hopin". We got a lot of breaks after a loss the last 2 years, it is time to pull ourselves up off the mat and face it.
I will never quit wishing or hoping........it keeps it fun. If you are not having fun then what are you having?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

It's in the back of my mind, but my practical side says to expect a good BCS bowl-Rose against Stanford would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

I'm not holding my breath, but things can fall into place for Bama pretty easily. OSU losing isn't a stretch at all. FSU losing is harder to see, but who knows FSU generally loses a game they should win every year. Maybe this is the one. Who knows I've seen crazier things happen with just one unnamed team in their last two games.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
WHAT IF???

What is Ohio State looses to MSU?? We all know this is a possibility. I know that everyone has Auburn penciled in as playing in the BSBNC if they beat Mizou, and MSU beat Ohio State. But, if Auburn pulled another one of those miracle finishes, or a controvercial finish where there is an obvious miss by the refs, which is possible. Maybe a conroversial OT win??
Yes, Auburn would have the SEC Championship win, but LSU did beat them by 2 touchdowns. We missed 4 field goals against them, and was one second away from going into OT. Our loss to Auburn should be considered a fluke, and their loss was a beat down, by a team that we beat down. If the true BCS is to put the best two teams against each other, then everything might not be lost.
I for one still believe. Yes, it is a long shot, but it was a long shot the last two years too.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Re: WHAT IF???

We should have just won the game. Accept it, we wont be in the NC game. Is it mathematically possible? yes but only with Ohio St and FSU losing next week. Thats the ONLY what if that would matter for us.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Simply not going to happen.

The computers will favor the barn and the voters aren't going to to put a 1-loss team over another 1-loss team to whom they just lost - no matter the circumstances.

The only way we get back in is for Michigan State to beat Ohio State and for Duke to beat Florida State. The first one has a decent chance. The second one has almost no chance unless Winston gets charged this week and, even then, it would still only be a slim chance. Oh, and - just to be on the safe side - we would likely need Oklahoma to beat Oklahoma State.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

The only way we play for the NC is in a rematch with Auburn. Go Duke.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.