Link: Alabama Kicker Cade Foster Harassed On Twitter - teammates and fans rally in support

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Re: Alabama Kicker Cade Foster Is Getting Threatened And Harassed On Twitter

Anyone giving death threats deserves to be arrested and put in prison or a mental hospital. If we find out that anyone on here has been a part of this we will expose you. Don't worry about "being banned" ... Worry about a police officer knocking on your door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

Pitiful. It's not Cade's fault. Our offense cold not close the deal. I have to say we don't need Bama fans like that and they can go crawl back into the hole they came from. These kids students not professionals. We can do without fans like that.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

YEARFGMFGAPCT1-1920-2930-3940-4950+LNGXPMXPAPTS
111573.30-04-42-34-71-153565689

This years stats for Mr. Foster. And although I know it's beyond our team to stoop to the low of the twits on twitter I would dearly love it if they were exposed and the entire kicking team showed up at their front door this morning.

RTR!!!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

This is one reason to stay off social media. You open yourself up to idiots.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

disgusting, embarrassing, and inexcusable :mad2:
You are exactly right. Some people have no perspective in life. I think Alabama football matters too much to me because I certainly do get upset after a game like yesterday, but i know our players and coaches work incredibly hard all year long to represent our university in a top notch manner. As a fan, just cheer for them. Their personal lives should never come into play.

On a side note, I was accused of being a non-classy fan last evening when I tried to run off a Texas fan who seemed to be trolling for nuggets of our misery. I apologize to him and you guys if he was sincerely congratulating us for a good game, but I still believe he wasn't. Roll Tide to you all on day one of what will probably be a long year until our next opportunity to play the Tigers.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

One guy made a threat said you going to die tonight...I Tweeted him by saying...That is really smart you to tweet that to him....
I'd report Tweets like that to the authorities.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

For the record: Those people are not Alabama fans. They are nutcases masquerading as Alabama fans.

ETA: They may even think they are Alabama fans; but, alas, they are just nutcases.

Last edited:

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL

Some of those people have been tracked down. Hopefully they had (or will have) an interview with the local PD.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I see a lot of posts in this thread in which you guys want to disassociate yourselves from those making threats. At an individual level I get it, but it is not necessary. Your behavior manages that quite effectively.

However, their poor behavior does not mean that they do not love Alabama football. It just means that they are very immature and have no idea how to vent their frustrations in a less destructive way. Angry people want to strike out at someone when they are in pain, and they would not be in pain if they did not care. The line between love and hate is razor thin.

Love and hate are intimately linked within the human brain, according to a study that has discovered the biological basis for the two most intense emotions.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...a-thin-line-between-love-and-hate-976901.html

I am, in no way, condoning their behavior. I am just pointing out that they are Alabama fans.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

I really get tired of seeing this fans who consider college football life or death. Their life really has a void to fill. This kind of thing is what paints a black eye over college football fanbases. So..So..Sad!!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I see a lot of posts in this thread in which you guys want to disassociate yourselves from those making threats. At an individual level I get it, but it is not necessary. Your behavior manages that quite effectively.

However, their poor behavior does not mean that they do not love Alabama football. It just means that they are very immature and have no idea how to vent their frustrations in a less destructive way. Angry people want to strike out at someone when they are in pain, and they would not be in pain if they did not care. The line between love and hate is razor thin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...a-thin-line-between-love-and-hate-976901.html

I am, in no way, condoning their behavior. I am just pointing out that they are Alabama fans.
I truly understand what you are saying, B1GTide; but I do not want those types of people to be on my side. I want them arrested, flogged, and ostracised forever. They do not deserve to be Alabama fans. They don't even deserve to be walking free on the streets. Disassociation is not just about outside perception - as important as that is. It is also about internal perception. Disassociation has been used through the ages as much or more to maintain discipline and internal order as to allay the chance of war with an external foe. I don't want to be accused as a fan base of supporting this type of behavoir. That much is true; but I also don't want the internal order to break down (not that it will). Disassociation helps on both fronts. I don't want to be anywhere near someone like that and I'd rather they take their fandom elsewhere or give it up entirely.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I feel bad for him, no one person should be blamed for a loss, the team lost not Cade. All about execution. Sucks that Cade has to go through this a 2nd time.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

I don't use twitter nothing Good seems to come from it.

if you are good enough to wear a crimson jersey then to me that makes you someone very special!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

There is a fan page on Facebook now supporting Cade Foster. There is already almost 30,000 likes! When I liked it this morning, there were about 10,000 likes.

I love it. :BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.