Question: What Was the Offensive Game Plan?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What was the offense trying to do against Auburn?

Gary said he feared Auburn tried to abandon the run too soon in the second quarter. Seemed like Alabama abandoned the offense Saban has used since arriving in 2007.

As discussed in another thread, Drake only played offense for one drive. He did well (4 carries, 33 yards) but didn't play on offense after that drive. Why? Bama has the MO of using two-backs. Instead, Bama goes out on the field with a banged up TJ Yeldon.

Where were the TEs? Phil Savage made Vogler his player to watch in the pregame show. Many on here mentioned OJ Howard as a mismatch against Auburn. OJ had two catches; Vogler had none.

On the last two possessions in Auburn territory, I did not understand why Bama did not line up with more big guys on the line, either. We've done it before this season. Put Brandon Greene on the line along with Grant Hill.

Anyone with some insight as to why the offense didn't seem to be what we've seen under Saban? I now the entire team seemed ill-prepared for the game. The offense's performance and play calling had me scratching my head.

Some will bring up some penalties or dropped passes, but the play calling still wasn't what we've seen under Nuss in his two years in Tuscaloosa.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.